April 30, 2010

I Love My Little Man

Oh, how I love him!!  I wake up on mornings like today with a lot of gratitude for him.  Do you know why?  Because he sleeps.  Not all the way through the night, but I only wake up once to feed that cute boy.  Then, he sleeps till 8:00 am or even longer (like right now).  I should probably wake him up, but I think I'd rather blog right now.

Not a morning goes by--when I get a normal amount of sleep--that I don't think, "He is sooooo wonderful!  I LOVE him!!"  Not that I wouldn't love him if I only got four hours of sleep, but my appreciation for his sleeping habits runs very deeply.  I am consistently getting around seven hours of sleep.  That's right, S.E.V.E.N.  From the girl who decided to nix being a nurse after realizing their sleeping patterns are thrown way off, I thoroughly appreciate sleep. I have always added up the hours I sleep for as long as I can remember, either when I get into bed or after I wake up in the morning.  I just like to tally the hours.  The more the better.  Six hours doesn't cut it.  And four to five hours makes me a zombie, an emotional ball ready to burst, a mess, really.  I have been longing for nights full of 7-8 hours of sleep for the past couple months.    Sleep is a beautiful thing.  And my day (or night) of getting plenty of rest has finally come.  At least, I hope this sticks.

Thank you, Little Man!  I love you...and your sleeping habits!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a good boy!! There is nothing like a baby who sleeps well. I didn't receive that gift from one of my babies until Heidi. Garen and Randi were still getting up in the night, and Heidi started sleeping 7-8 hours at 2 weeks. The blessing of a bigger baby as well.. Give him some lovin' from Gramma!!

Ash and Joe said...

i have always tallied my hours of sleep too! but now i dont even bother. it's too depressing or the math gets too complicated :). go Henry!

Julie said...

Yay for sleep!! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to get some good quality sleep. I'm glad he's a good sleeper for you!

Megan said...

Nice! Once a night, that's a beautiful thing. Just keep it at one kid ;) I am with you, love my sleep, but I never get enough.

PS Thanks for your compliments about my blog :) I did a post a little while back linking to all the sites I use to get my little tricks. If you ever need help with anything I'd love to!