Yesterday we blessed our little baby Henry. It was a very special day: one that I have anticipated whenever there's a baby blessing. I had a full heart all day (and it's lingering today...I hope it lingers forever).
We got ready for the day and dressed Henry in his adorable white outfit (complete with a vest and bow tie). He looked oh, so handsome. Brendon gave him a wonderful blessing and did a great job speaking slowly enough for me to write down all the main points so Henry can read it some day. I have enjoyed reading my baby blessing from time to time and want Henry to be able to do the same. Next time, though, I'll ask a friend or family member to write everything down so I can enjoy the moment. We are so grateful for Brendon and his Priesthood power. It is such a blessing!
I enjoyed sitting in Sacrament meeting and loving the feeling of having our sweet family together. I felt so much love and appreciation for Brendon and our sweet Henry. I also felt so much gratitude for the leadership of the church and for them teaching me so much about my role as a a wife and mother. It is so clear to me, personally, that my responsibility is to love, nurture, and keep the spirit in our home. I'm grateful for my understanding of that role.
No family was able to attend Henry’s blessing. The simple fact that we live over 1,000 miles from both of our families and that it requires, not only a plane ride, but also a three hour car ride on top of that makes it a little less than convenient to be here. We missed them, but are so grateful for our “family” in Kirksville . I felt sadder that Henry’s grandparents didn’t get to witness and participate in his blessing than I did that I didn’t get to see them. Of course I would have loved to see them, but it was a great comfort having so many close, supportive, loving friends here. (I’m going to miss this place, especially the people.)
We were able to share this special day with our practically blood-related friends, the Fields. We have had a connection with the Fields before moving toKirksville . Katherine is my sister-in-law’s (Julia) sister. They really are like family to us: not only do we love them like family, but they have also done a lot for us: they welcomed Brendon into their home when he first came to Kirksville to interview, they looked for housing for us, they brought us goodies when we first moved here, they have invited us over for dinner countless times, they visited me in the hospital after having Henry, and they have become our Spades buddies (which is a big deal). Katherine and I even have a winning handshake. Point is: we adore them and their cute family, so it was neat to share this day with them.
We were able to share this special day with our practically blood-related friends, the Fields. We have had a connection with the Fields before moving to
Close up of Henry, Claire, & Moms
We finished the day with our monthly “Break the Fast” with more family-friends. It was fun to get together and enjoy each others' company. I am so grateful for all of our friends, especially those who were able to participate in Henry’s blessing. It was a really good day.
Henry in his blessing outfit
Brendon wasn’t a fan of the hat, but I had to get a picture
...this kid is pretty darn adorable!
I love that he smiles all the time now!
11 comments:
he is just TOO cute! Jackson had a similar outfit, but the only picture I have of him in it is on the changing table, he pooped out!
So glad you had a special day with your little Henry! CANNOT wait to see him in person and kiss all over him!
You both looked great that day. and the babies did too. HAPPY BABIES ARE GREAT!
Henry looks so happy in his blessing outfit! What a wonderful day, congratulations!
I love his big smiles! What a sweet boy, what a wonderful day! These days are surely those we keep close to our hearts. It feels like heaven and earth come together to bring that special peace when our babies are blessed with Priesthood power. Love and miss you extra today.
I wish we could have been there, in fact I wish everyone lived closer! He is just a gorgeous baby, I can't wait to see him!
What a great family photo. I think you are awesome for carrying on as usual even when your families are so far away. What's this "break the fast"? Is it like the old days at RG or just something you and Brendon have put together?
he is too sweet :)
I wish we could have been there. It is such a special day. His little outfit is so cute! I love his cute little smiles. Hannah and Warner are smiling all the time now too. So fun!
Steph. I just love to read your posts. I am glad you are honest in what you write. I think you have a realistic and healthy optimistic look on life, backed by the spirit and a strong testimony. This is a great combination! I really enjoyed your talk on Motherhood in church today. I wanted to tell you that in person, but I didn't get a chance. You did wonderfully and really touched my heart with your story about your Dad and the car. Parents help when we can't help ourselves, similar to how Christ helps. Thank goodness the Lord created a family unit on earth!
I never really appreciated my mom or any mom until I had Jenna. I'm probably too honest when it comes to spilling the "this is really hard" beans to almost first time moms. I have never had such a hard time transitioning into anything than I did after having her. Baby 2 was much easier!!! As for breastfeeding I stopped with Jenna at 2months, but with MaKenzie it really started getting easier after a few months and now I don't even give it a second thought. In fact I think it is WAY more convenient, for the most part, than bottles.
thanks for being candid. I love hearing that other Mothers experiences aren't too far off from my own. change is difficult and Motherhood is a sacrifice in so many ways, however, its the best job in the world! im so glad you have such a sweet little man to love! he is adorable.
Post a Comment