I remember the phone calls while working at Overstock.com with Brendon on the other end telling me he was accepted to medical school. We were thrilled (and very relieved) that we knew what adventure we were about to pursue for the next few years (and by few years I mean nearly a decade) of our lives.
So, we packed our bags and moved to Missouri nearly two years ago. Brendon started orientation and then school. I can't believe how fast the time has flown, as it always seems to do.
Today marks a very momentous day: Brendon is finished with his last set of finals...ever! After 21 years (minus two years to serve a mission, but even then there is so much studying that I'm counting it) of classes, teachers, studying, memorizing, tests, papers, late nights, early mornings, etc., Brendon will no longer be required to splurge one subject of information onto numerous tests within a weeks time. (No, he'll only be required to splurge all subjects of information on more important tests spread out over the next 5 years...but we're not talking about board exams right now.) He feels...we feel, like he has practically graduated medical school.
And so, we will soon start our next adventure in Utah: rotations. But it will feel more like work and less like school. Congratulations Brendon! You've done so well. We are so proud of you and grateful for your many hours dedicated to studying (and the time you always make for your family despite what test is coming up).
8 comments:
SO great! and we will be seeing you all soon! Cant wait!
Congratulations Brendon & Stephanie(because you deserve a congrats too!)
Yay!!! I sure will miss you and your sweet family, good luck and hopefully we'll see you in Utah in a couple of years :)
Wahoo! We have LOTS of empathy over here, and even though rotations are rigorous, I think Clay would agree with me that it's a lot better than classes! We're excited for you all! Way to be the man, Brendon! (and You're awesome for supporting him through it, Stephanie...and Henry, because we all know what sacrifice that is!)
YAY!! we are so happy for you and can't wait for you to come back to Utah and hang out with us again!
Congrats Brendon!! That is so awesome. It must feel so good to be done with the classroom!
How nice to almost be at the end! Congratulations on sticking it out and working so hard.
PS. I love the thumb sucking pics. That must be so nice for you! My sister's little boy stopped sucking his thumb when he turned 1. So maybe you will be lucky like her!
Congrats. That's so exciting. Can't wait to see you and your cute baby once you get here.
Just wanted to let you know I just consumed my first "very own" bag of Guittard chocolate chips and I did it quite quickly. No regrets though. My justification- the whole bag only cost 99 cents. Amazing! I thought you might be able to share a bit in my joy. I don't think Brad quite understood how I could consume so many chocolate chips in one day. I have a few more bags so I'll try and save one for the both of us to enjoy together. You better get here quick.
Post a Comment