I love running...a lot. It was one thing I thought would be really cool to be able to do up until delivery. But 25 pounds and a hanging belly doesn't quite make the "fun" list. Not to mention it's rough on the knees, the tummy, & mentally difficult. At 6 months pregnant, I quit running and started walking and doing the elliptical. {Do you "do" the elliptical? "Walk" the elliptical? "Sway on" the elliptical?} I learned to love walking & the elliptical, something I never thought I would enjoy.
After delivery, I thought I would be anxious to exercise. I thought I'd want to get out of the house. Looking back, that's pretty funny. Little did I know. I came home from the hospital, happy I wasn't supposed to do anything but eat, sleep, & feed a baby. After a few weeks, though, I was ready. The annual Osteopathic Fun Run was scheduled a little later this year, which made me really excited that I just *might* be able to run in it. My doctor said I could run when my baby was 4 weeks. At 3.5 weeks, I felt good and headed outside for my first run.
The 5k today was somewhat of a symbolic run for me. A new start. Just for me. I'm back. It feels good; actually, it feels great!
11 comments:
And you rocked the house.
Good for you! I'm totally inspired! Way to take charge and make some time for yourself.
I think you're a superstar!
Steph, you are amazing! I think the first time I ran 5K since having Carter was about a month ago. Way to go! You are an inspiration to me in so many different areas.
wow! you are amazing!
thats great! welcome back. =)
Love this about You! You are a strong woman..with goals, always going forward. So happy for you!
Good job Steph! I'm proud of you. You are truly amazing!
and you did amazing!!!
you are seriously amazing to do that so soon after having little Henry. Props girl props, and you ran the heck out of that race too! I sooo wish we would've gotten you a number, you could've had a metal and everything!
way to go! you're my hero!!
Post a Comment