June 11, 2013

Potty Training 101

I did everything I could to postpone potty training,
but I could no longer stand changing two kid's diapers every day.
Toddler poop is nasty.

Potty training in one day, they say.
I can do that.
And then I realized it would take more than one day, so I planned a week.

After talking to a couple friends during an unsuccessful week, I quickly realized my expectations were unrealistic and changes needed to be made on my end.
The potty incentives changed, new charts were made, and new prizes purchased.
Mom became "potty trained" (to watch for his signals).

Fast forward to six(?) weeks later...
Henry owns every dinosaur toy Wal-Mart has in stock (except for one).
He doesn't like to sit on the toilet or stop what he's doing to go.
And, like most kids, number two is not working for us.

But we keep on trekkin.
And one day Henry will be potty trained.
And own every dinosaur toy.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

It is such a journey...isn't it! Love those cute bodies!! Just wanna hug them to pieces!!

Morgan said...

I really hate this part!! Good luck dear friend!!

Justin and Carissa said...

Ha Ha! One day... One day... Just glad to know I am not the only mom who can't figure out potty training in one day : ) But I think I can take a few lessons from you. I like what you did with the incentives and sticker charts. Potty training makes me think of "Pioneer children sang as they walked, and walked, and walked, and walked, and walked..."