April 21, 2013

Today I woke up, went to the bathroom (tmi), and let Henry out of his room just like I do every other morning.
I didn't think twice about it.
Brendon was on his iPod and reported an earthquake in China.
Things like this happen all the time.
But today it really hit me.
The Chinese didn't have a regular day while I peacefully slept.

Life can change so fast.
Life is so fragile.
I have so much to be grateful for and I usually wander through my day without even recognizing
everything I should be grateful for:
health, safety, freedoms, comforts, materials, feelings, people...life.

Crazy things happen all the time.
Truly God is "preserving (me) from day to day by lending (me) breath..."
Mosiah 2:21

When I start to question why things happen, I find comfort in knowing that 
"(God) has all wisdom and all power, both in heaven and in earth."
When I start to question His wisdom, my faith holds fast in believing that 
"man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."
Mosiah 4:9

And so today I pray with more gratitude for my blessings.
I kneel with more humility.
And I try harder to enjoy every facet of life. 

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

Thank you for sharing! Life really is such a gift from God. This reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures, "Be still, and know that I am God."

geeno said...

i just got to catch up a tiny bit with your fam - you're so great steph - thanks for reminding me to use my scripture in my daily life and try on a fresh perspective every now and then