March 31, 2012

Pure

Whenever I look at sweet Maggie and think of only one word to describe her, it is pure. She is innocent, sweet, loving, happy, patient, sensitive, beautiful and above all, pure. There is a sweet innocence about her yet I'm sure she carries a lot of knowledge with her about her previous state of eternity. She is perfect in every way & continues to brighten our home. This may all sound cliche, but it is completely true.

As I've watched Maggie, I have noticed things that are different about her than Henry (from when he was her age). Maggie is much more sensitive to noises & temperature. When Maggie hears a loud noise & gets scared, she has a scream-at-the-top-of-her-lungs cry & it is so sad. She is also much more aware of cold temperatures & Henry's cold hands on her face are not okay. I don't blame her. Maggie has an emotional day after her doctor appointments with shots whereas Henry didn't seem to even notice. Overall, Maggie cries more than Henry did. While both were/are happy babies, I see a lot more tears & comfort Maggie more than I ever did Henry.

Maggie has a few quirks that we have noticed. One of which is her communication skills: she is talking to us with her throat. It is really difficult to describe in writing, but it is adorable. I tell her, "Kkkk" (with my throat) & she quickly responds. Maggie also has a need to stick out at least one of her arms towards her back while sitting up. I don't know if it helps her balance or what, but at least one arm flips towards her back with her palm up (picture provided). Finally, although thumb sucking isn't exactly a quirk, Maggie's need to do so when she is bored is a little quirky. Waking up from a 3-hour nap won't stop her from falling to sleep an hour later when lying on the ground without any entertainment. She gets bored, finds her thumb, sucks away, & she is out. It is great that she can put herself to sleep & I'm grateful for her feeling the need to have the thumb in her mouth (at least for this stage of her life).

Maggie is a joy. She is sleeping through the night (most of the time) & goes to bed at 8 am (it is a beautiful thing to have both children down at eight & to get a full night's rest). Maggie has given us a good laugh a few times & it is the sweetest sound. She smiles a lot after eating. She looks at Henry as if she adores him, despite him practicing his kung-fu moves on her. I'm thinking she'll be a momma's girl with all the comforting that happens from the tears & her sensitive personality. We love looking at her, talking with her, & trying to make her laugh.

7 comments:

Breana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

she is so cute!! really hate that we haven't met her yet!

Cassie said...

What a smiley girl. She is adorable in that warm suit. I can't believe how big it still looks on her. You are such a patient mom. I had no idea she cried often.

Anonymous said...

Maybe her arm goes to the back because she's already learning how to approach a volleyball. ;)
Love my little niece. Just make sure she knows who Uncle Aus is by the time I get back from my mission.

Dejah said...

She is so adorable, and how cute that she sucks her thumb! I love when babies do that!

The Yorgason Family said...

I can't believe how big she is already!! You have such cute little kids!! Miss you guys!! :0)

Heidi said...

so sweet!