Going back to June...
The last of our two remaining weeks in California started with Brendon getting sick. Henry had been sick with a cough so initially I thought it was nothing. Henry, Dejah, and I headed off to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, leaving Brendon on the couch sleeping, hoping he would feel better before his night shift at the hospital.
We had fun with family at the aquarium. With the hands-on experience, Henry was happy--not so much about petting the sting rays or the sharks or the starfish, but just splashing in the water. Aside from splashing, Henry's favorite activity was chasing the pigeons roaming around trying to get food.
When we were leaving the aquarium, I gave Brendon a call and he diagnosed himself with pneumonia so he called in sick (he had a late afternoon shift) and saw a doctor. He was right and the doctor advised him to stay home from the hospital for a few days. Because he caught it so early he felt fine the three days he took off of work and we had a mini California vacation. We swam in the pool with Henry and went to the beach one day. It was perfect. I'm so glad Brendon got sick! :)
Our final week flew by, as all of our time did in California. We enjoyed seeing family at Brendon's cousin, Alissa's reception and at a family dinner to celebrate Grandpa Russell's birthday. Our dinner was quite a scene with nine adults, five children (all under two), and half of the table gone chasing children at any given moment. Picture this at dinner. We finally got all the cousins together for a picture.
I could have lived with Mike and Dejah longer. The living situation couldn't have been better. I wasn't even excited to come home, besides the fact that we have family and friends here.
And as for Brendon's rotation, he really enjoyed it. Now onto the next of many more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment