August 12, 2010

Life: Teaching Us About Love

This week I have felt an added measure of love in my home as I care for my baby. He is really something special. I had no idea my love would grow exponentially since his birth. Yesterday my dad reminded me of just how close children are to our Heavenly Father, which helped to explain the feelings I've been experiencing recently. Children are literally a piece of heaven on earth. Henry (and all children, for that matter) has definitely just come from our Creator's presence and has brought a piece of His peace with him. As I watched the video below at the beginning of this week, it reminded me of this post (when Henry was born). It really brings perspective into life.


In Chris Williams' words, "That’s a very difficult thing to go through, to kneel down and desire to speak to my Father in Heaven when I’m so lonely or when I’m so anguished. It’s an interesting conversation to have. He doesn’t immediately try to make it better; He listens to me first. I thought that was very helpful. He allowed me to get that anger off my chest, but inevitably He would always come back and teach me about His Son, Jesus Christ.

"I’m grateful that God allows tragedies and trials to occur in our lives—not because they’re easy or because they’re desired, but because they help us love.

"Coming to know a man of sorrow and one who is acquainted with grief…is really why I was sent here.

"I have always ended episodes of grief with an assurance and hope that perhaps one day I will see [Jesus Christ] as He is. One day, hopefully, I will be like Him. And one day, I will be with my family."

I love the gospel.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wasn't the message of that video beautiful? i thought so.

SewSara said...

that clip is a tear-jerker. what a great saint he is!!

re: your comment -- i remember when you got those pjs at the shower and i HAD to go to old navy and get some for max! hehe :)
i'm a sucker for stripes, i tell ya.

let's hang out already ... i need to see that cute henry! text or email me?