August 26, 2010

Where Did Those Blue Eyes Come From?

Because Grandma & Grandpa are a part of our every day lives (okay, not every day...but at least once a week), I never blog about them. But I feel I owe it to them to blog about them, how much Henry loves them, & how great they are as grandma & grandpa.

I have loved watching Henry (literally) eat up his grandparents & to see how much they reciprocate that love for him. (Or maybe that statement should be flipped around.) They never get tired of him...ever! They babysat him two days in a row last week, even volunteering to watch him. He is one lucky boy (not to mention we are two lucky parents) to have so many people who love him so much.

Grandpa has always loved babies, but I'm pretty sure he especially loves Henry. He even dropped by our house after a hard day of work for a little "pick me up" from Henry. We're glad our cute little boy can brighten Grandpa's day. Grandpa & Henry enjoy watching TV together on Grandpa's bed. Grandpa really, really, really likes watching--I mean holding--Henry at night time when we falls to sleep in his arms.



Grandma especially loves Henry, too. I think Henry has a little "thing" for Grandma. She has always been able to make Henry laugh, and laugh hard. She is extremely willing to donate her time to play with Henry. She is an expert mother, even getting Henry to fall asleep in church (she & Grandpa came to listen to us give talks) when his own parents can't even accomplish such a task. She loves holding Henry, giving him baths (and encouraging him to "kickey, kickey, kickey"), and making Henry laugh.


Thanks for loving our Henry almost as much as we do!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

that is so sweet! I really wish we had Gramma & Grampa here with us... such a BLESSING!!
Im a bit envious!

Diane said...

I'm sure that Grandma and Grandpa are enjoying having Henry so close!

Morgan said...

AH! WHAT A DOLL! He has gotten so big! I have no doubt that you are loving him to pieces!