We'll deal with the repercussions later, but for now, I LOVE this little thumb. It's my favorite pacifier: one that doesn't require mom or dad to hold in his mouth. I think it's adorable.
I love the sound Henry makes when he finds his thumb after a bit of frustration. It's a "mmm...mmm....hmmm....hmmmm..." long, drawn out, kind of a sound. I think it's adorable, too.
And I think my favorite thing about the thumb is that I can lay Henry down in his crib and he can put himself to sleep. Sometimes, I'll lay him in his crib and he'll go to sleep without a fuss. The other day, I was at a friend's house sitting Indian-style with Henry propped up against my leg. He starts sucking his thumb and the next thing I know he was out, fast asleep. It was amazing. I just think he's adorable.
13 comments:
Oh that is so adorable! I LOVED it when Brady sucked his thumb. He switched over to sucking on his pointer finger now.
Your boy is growing so fast and is just so cute!
That is so cute! I am with you, whatever works is great for the time being! You can still see my 16 month old running around with a binky. :)
He is so adorable, and he looks like he's getting some chub! =) Love it!!
Thumbs are the best!
He is so adorable! Everything about your baby is!! Heidi was my thumb sucker...makes for a contented baby for sure. Hug and kiss that angel for Gramma!
I was definitely a thumb sucker! SOOO great that he puts himself to sleep to! You really scored on this boy!
Yes! It is so worth it. We're dealing with repercussions of the paci now but I sure wouldn't give it up for the hundreds of times the paci has restored peace.
there is nothing more beautiful or peaceful, that a sleeping child! He is precious. What a blessing that he sucks his thumb... for now anyway.;)
Oh my gosh Steph, how funny because the same thing happened, I was driving a few days ago when that song came on and I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Maybe it was at the same time! :)
I love and miss you!
PS-Sometimes I wish my kids would just suck their thumbs, Jayci still sometimes cries for her dang binki. At least if he's three or four and is sucking his thumb in a grocery store people will understand that you can't just cut it off. I was getting "the look" from people, you know the one. The "I can't believe you're letting your five year old (even though she was only two, just taller than the average four year old) suck on that nasty thing still" look.
I just keep popping back to look at sweet Henry....I reallly, really can't wait to hold this boy!
He is so adorable! You won't ever have to get up in the middle of the night to find his thumb for him! Those things don't fall behind the crib!
i may be a little biased but THUMB SUCKERS RULE! Will never sucked his thumb, BUT I DID!! :)
I sucked my thumb till I was like 12! Luckily I didn't have an bad damage to my teeth. Isaac sucks his thumb - it is adorable and keeps me from being his personal pacifier!
Post a Comment