After the pool, we had a fun barbeque with some friends. It was as good as it gets: friends, hamburgers, salads, roasted marshmallows (giant marshmallows), and talking. It was a fun Memorial Day.
May 31, 2010
Memorial Day Fun
Henry went to the swimming pool for the first time on Monday. One of my friends bought him an adorable swimming outfit, so we had to try it on. He looked as cute as ever. Henry and I met Brendon at the community pool (all students and family get in for "free" [I happen to think we pay for it with tuition]) after studying was done for the day (can I just say I love, love, love that studying is usually done by 6:00 pm these days!?!). I thought we would dip Henry in the water, the water would be freezing, Henry would cry, and we'd go home. Not so! Henry was made for water. I should have known because Henry loves bath time. He is usually crying around bed time, but as soon as he hears the water for the tub, he gets quiet. Then, we play in the tub for about ten minutes. He just lays there, sticks out his tongue every now and again, and we talk about water and surfing. The pool was just like the tub: he loved it. We didn't see any smiles, but I know he loved it. Henry sat in the water as content as ever. I love the personality of my little man: he is so mellow. This is his relaxed, water-loving face.
We will be visiting the pool often for the next few weeks.
After the pool, we had a fun barbeque with some friends. It was as good as it gets: friends, hamburgers, salads, roasted marshmallows (giant marshmallows), and talking. It was a fun Memorial Day.


After the pool, we had a fun barbeque with some friends. It was as good as it gets: friends, hamburgers, salads, roasted marshmallows (giant marshmallows), and talking. It was a fun Memorial Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! and you had to know he would love it since his dad does too! Cute pictures! Send me Dad's massages from you both PLEASE!
What a cute pair of Water Boys you have Steph. Kennedy was the same with us on Monday, just chillaxin'. Love the outfit for sure!!
Oh my Goodness! I love your little man too! He's just sooo adorable! Water time is so fun! He's going to be surfing before he can walk! Wait... I guess you need waves for that. Well, he'll get used to it soon enough!
how fun that you got to go swimming!!! that is so neat that Henry had fun.
Post a Comment