I can’t count how many times I’ve heard, “You forget how small they are” over the past six weeks. Just about everyone who has children has told me they have forgotten how small their babies once were—even the parents with small children. That’s so sad! Out of fear of forgetting these precious days, I have taken pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. I have taken more pictures in the past six weeks than I have in the past two and a half years of marriage. I will already claim guilty for being a parent who takes a million pictures of their first born and maybe not so many of their other children. But, just for the record for my future children, it isn’t because I love them any less. I probably will never have the time like I do now.
Henry is already growing so much and way too fast. He is no longer my newborn babe. He gained almost a whole pound in one week, making him nine pounds eleven ounces (and I'm sure over ten pounds by now). He grew out of his newborn clothes and his newborn diapers. It made me a little sad. I swear, every time I look at him, his head is a little bigger. His “man hands” as I like to call them even seem a little bigger. So…to make sure I never forget how small my baby once was, here's pictures from the past six weeks:
Love this nakey body
Sleeping in Grandpa's arms
Happy Easter...poor kid! We had a lot of good laughs with this photo shoot.
My cousin took pictures of his little one next to things like dollar bills for the premie, or other things that have a standard size etc. so that you could tell just how big or little the baby was. It's definitely crazy to think about later as they grow!
He is so cute! I want a giant Easter egg, too! (One idea I've heard is to photograph your baby with a specific stuffed animal every month or so, so you can see the actual change in comparison...)
10 comments:
He does have man hands! You can especially see it in the easter egg photo. He's gonna be a tall one.
he is just the cutest little man ever! AND I LOOOVE HIS EGG PICTURES!
keep up the good mommy-ness. =)
You really do forget. I even have a hard time remembering Kennedy being as small as Noah is now.
My cousin took pictures of his little one next to things like dollar bills for the premie, or other things that have a standard size etc. so that you could tell just how big or little the baby was. It's definitely crazy to think about later as they grow!
So cute. He is one alert little man. I love his bright eyes in almost every picture.
He is so cute! I want a giant Easter egg, too!
(One idea I've heard is to photograph your baby with a specific stuffed animal every month or so, so you can see the actual change in comparison...)
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! My favorite is the one in Grandpa's arms.
Grandpa Aaron
oh my... that egg is too great! I wish I had one of those! He is one adorable boy! I cannot wait to hold him!
SO CUTE!! it made me break out pictures of Will as a baby... that seems like forever ago...
No matter how many pictures, it's not the same. You still forget. And then you see a newborn and you remember. It's amazing how fast they grow.
I LOVE the Easter picture.
Post a Comment