After having no kitchen table for a little over a week, it's back! I had to watch the weather closely to know which days were going to be clear so I could put on each coat of lacquer. Our friend Erik McClure was kind enough to share his expertise and answer my many questions. He helped me understand that the whole table and all the chairs would be a big undertaking, but just refinishing the surface to get rid of water damage would be a fun and less complicated project.

The table in the basement, ready for sanding.
(shout out to Joe Orme for letting me use his sander)

Applying the third of four coats of lacquer.
(Russ, you're probably wondering why I have that shirt, but not as much as Stephanie is wondering why I still wear those shorts.)

After a fresh coat.

All finished.
This is the last week that I have to find things to do. There are quite a few people moving in and out this time of year, so that has helped to pass the time. On Saturday, we're flying to California to be with my family for a week. Hope to see many of you soon!
6 comments:
wow. the table looks gorgeous!
It turned out fabulous! I was just thinking, you should have come out this week ahead of Steph, and I could have kept you busy! You know there are always projects here at home! I know you are thinking...you are crazy mom, I am still a newlywed...okay, okay...see you Saturday!!!!
Looks so good! you are the handy man!
See you guys saturday! cannot wait!
Holmes- THose shorts are awesome. If Steph every makes you through those away, I will take them happily.
Way to go Brendon. I'm always so impressed with all you do around the home- both with big projects and helping out with the cleaning and cooking. I hope you enjoyed your break.
Your table looks like new! Nice work.
Post a Comment