The month of November has obviously been quite uneventful. Our only post in November is of my family visiting (in October). Brendon's life has consisted of studying, reading, writing, memorizing, staying up really late, waking up really early, & occasionally eating, playing, & sleeping. He finished his first set of finals: a major feat. My life has consisted of working, cleaning, cooking, working, looking for a new job, & working.
Brendon had this past week off of school. Really exciting, aside from the fact that grown-ups still have to work (...I'm missing my childhood). So Brendon cleaned the house, watched movie after movie after movie, did maintenance on our car, & played basketball. It was really nice to be able to enjoy our evenings together without studying getting in the way.
Wednesday I took the day off of work & we went to the closest mall in Columbia (1 hour & 30 minutes away). We shopped & went out to dinner.
Thanksgiving Day...
...was spent with our med school friends. We had a blast! I made my first pies. Thanks to my Fannie Mae Cookbook & the help of my Aunt Linn, I made some good pies while still learning how to improve my next attempt.
We had dinner for 19 people & we had more food than I've ever seen in one place. We ended up bringing more food home than we brought. Not that the food we brought was gross, there were simply better food options than veggies and pumpkin pie. But we'll take it...yay for leftovers!
We really enjoyed our time with our friends and especially each other. I am looking forward to Brendon's next break in three weeks!
10 comments:
You are the cutest! I am so glad that Brendon had some time off and you could enjoy time together. Yay on the pies! Pies are one of the few things that still make me nervous when I cook for other people, but the pumpkin pies went over well. You two are hardworking and diligent souls! Love your guts!
I am also excited for Brendon's next break - it means you'll be out here playing with us in Utah!!!!
Volleyball night hasn't been the same without you. I need Brendon to talk smack with me and Steph to talk sense into me.
Fun times. Did you guys end up having thanksgiving with Bobby and Katherine? I know that was the original plan. Well its good to hear that you guys still had a fun time. and time off, and shopping... cannot complain right?
Just know that there are many wives that know EXACTLY how you feel: Poor husbands who have to study all day, practically every day. (and poor wives who miss their husbands) I'm glad you have friends to "commiserate" with over there. It's been a lifesaver for me.
It sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving. I think I'm excited for Brendon's next break too. See you in a few weeks!
I'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving, but we would have loved to have you here!
Those pies look wonderful! I wish I could have a week off. :o)
Horray for some time together! That's awesome Brendon had a whole week off. It's too bad we all don't have a break like that once a month.
your pies look beautiful! I wish mine had turned out like that. maybe you should teach me.
Yay! Pumpkin pie! And left overs are the best. Although I gave a lot of our turkey away because tyler got sick of it. I guess I can't blame him. We had a WHOLE turkey for just the two of us! See you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment