November 9, 2008

Our First Family Visit

We just LOVE family!...We had our first family visitors a couple weeks ago (during Brendon's birthday). My parents, sister, brother-in-law, and adorable niece came to stay with us for the weekend.

We talked, went out to dinner...

...played with baby Brooklyn...


...played games (dad's frowny face is due to his loss, an indicator of where I get my competitive nature)...

...we ate some more...

...fed baby Brooklyn...

...we sang "Happy Birthday" and opened presents...

...played with baby Brooklyn...

...stayed up late and watched a movie (and ate some more), we talked some more...

...and then we said "see you at Christmas."


Brendon spent a lot of time studying that weekend (thus the lack of Brendon in pictures), so I was especially grateful for my family and their company. Brendon wished he could have spent more time with everyone, but duty calls.

Thanks for coming to spend the weekend with us. We really enjoyed having you here!

17 comments:

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

How fun! That totally makes me miss my family too, thank goodness the holidays are coming up soon, right!! And you look so adorable and natural holding your niece, I think you and Brendon need one of your own soon... *coughhintcough* =) Love ya!!

Heidi said...

How fun! and you guys housed all those people. thats so great! I think you played with baby Brooklyn more than anything (with eating in a close 2nd ;O)).

We really should make the trip!

Julie said...

Cute niece! Your dad's frowny face is really funny.

Maren said...

Oh, its just so fun when family comes! Is that game ticket to ride?- I just love that game! And happy birthday to Brendon!

Woodworth Family said...

It was so fun to see you guys and your cute place! (Can you send me the pic of the game?) Love ya!

Brittany said...

It looks like you all had lots of fun. Austin and I wish we could've joined, but those little things called, "school" and "money" just got in the way.

I also love that picture of Brooklyn on your stairs. Mom said she loved climbing them! I have that picture as the screensaver on my phone.

See you at Christmas! :-)

Jana Howard said...

Cute pictures! I'm so glad you had Stephanie's parents and relative's there. That helps a lot with not being so home sick. We miss you guys terribly. We wish we could make the trip out there too, but alas, we are broke! :( We love you guys!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I love family! I get to see mine at Thanksgiving this year, so even sooner!

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Darling new turkey-day layout, Steph-y. Thanks for being my most frequent blog commenter- I love it! Glad you had fun with the fam

Sara said...

You just look so beautiful with a sweet baby in your arms! What a treat to have your family for such a nice visit. We miss you guys.

Mama Bear said...

So many fun posts! First...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENDON!! Second...cute, cute halloween cupcakes! Third...fun times with the family! Your niece is ADORABLE!!!!

Rachelle said...

How fun! Your niece is really cute!

Tauaalo Family said...

Stephanie,
I'm so happy you found me! How are things going? Where are you at these days? Looks like married life is great and life couldn't be any better!! Keep in touch!

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

hey is this whole thing with Brittney getting her call for real? Last I heard she wasn't turning in her papers til next summer!

Rebecka said...

Stephanie,
Imagine my suprise when my field partner gave me a ride home and commented that her sister used to live near me. And you are her sister. Steve just came and looked over my shoulder and was so excited to see your picture. If you send me an email I can send you an invitation to view our blog, rebeckawright@gmail.com,Love from the Wrights

Cassie said...

I can't wait to see you at christmas. One more month.

Addi said...

WOW--I just realized I never commented on this post. You guys are lucky to get visitors, and lots of them. So, do you get to visit for Christmas AND a farewell now?