Christmification (n.): The act of making one's surroundings ready for Christmas; Christmify (v.); Christmificatory* (adj.)
* Brendon's idea
The day after Thanksgiving, Brendon & I took advantage of some time off from school & visited our first Christmas Tree Farm to pick out our nearly perfect Christmas Tree. We (meaning Brendon) sawed it down, dragged it to our car, & paid for the tree (my role). Everyone should make the drive to Kirksville for Christmas Trees...it only costs $21 (for the tree, anyways)!
When we got home, we realized our tree was a little shorter than expected, so we made our nearly perfect tree perfect with help from some old school books. Nobody will ever know once we get some presents wrapped.
We followed last year's tradition with stringing popcorn while watching "The Muppet's Christmas Carol." Last year, we realized the importance of having enough children to help string popcorn. This year, we learned that until we have enough children to help string popcorn, we'll buy smaller trees & make them appear taller with books so we don't have to string so much popcorn.
Brendon & I decided on our honeymoon to collect Christmas ornaments when we travel. Together, we have purchased two ornaments: our Park City honeymoon ornament & our cruise ornament. Even now, it's fun to see those ornaments hanging on our tree. I'm sure in the years to come it will help keep some memories alive.
Thanks to Brendon's mission in the Phillipines, we have a beautiful navity set. This is our first year for this display.
With the help of crafy friends, I did my first decoupage project. We had a lot of fun doing this. The JOY blocks are cuter close up, but the picture didn't work. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to display my craft. Fortunately, I was resourceful...
I just love my grandma's quilt she made for me & Brendon. I'm especially happy about the red & green squares I was sure to display for the holiday season.
Finally, the little decorations around the house. Oh, I just love to Christmify! Wreaths, Christmas plates, & door hangers. I have just enough decorations for our small abode. Good thing it will be awhile till we live in a home: I need some time to build up decorations.
16 comments:
How fun! We like to collect ornaments when we travel too. And yes, I made the squash that was pictured. it was lovely and delicious, but not much of it got eaten because my family apparently doesn't like squash. Your tree looks so pretty! Ours is more of a Christmas bush this year.
Everything looks so cute! We have just started to decorate our house, but we aren't as efficient, our tree is still bare. :( Hopefully we will get it done tonight.
Very Cute guys!
It was so fun talking to you last night and catching up. Your decorations and tree are great! Those pictures of your earliest years together become quite priceless! Stay warm my cuties!
Cute! Way to "Christmify"! Nice definition. Way to be resorceful with the old books and the stairs! I love your craftiness! See you soon!
i thought it would be fun for us to string popcorn for our tree aswell! unfortunately, it ended up just being me that did the stringing. joe thought that it was boring.
You should seriously submit that word to Webster's Dictionary. I bet they'd take it. Also, I didn't realize that you could get Christmas trees for so cheep! That's wonderful. I love how they smell.
fun... we wont be getting a real tree this year :( I was hoping for one, but since we are going to Georgia... Im not sure we will even put up the tree... I've lost a lot of energy... Maybe Matt will put it up tonight (the fake one), while Im at work. we even bought lights this year. It makes me tired just thinking about it.
But I love your little JOY blocks. Super cute!
You really string popcorn. I think that's impressive. I hope you're having a lot of Christmas parties to show off all your cute decor. Maybe you're making some fancy Christmas cupcakes this time?!?
CUTE!! I'm still not sure what to do with my joy blocks! I love what you did with yours!
I love Christmas! Can't wait to see you guys over the holidays!! Let us know when you get in!!
Cutting down your own Christmas tree! That's way more fun than pulling one out of a box.
Wow, it looks so great and festive!! You did a really good job! Now, come back to Utah and decorate our house for us pleaseeeeeeee. =)
So cute Christmification! Love it! Your tree is really super cute, good work!
i new eventually someone would come up with a good way to use old school books. Your tree really is perfect. How did you find that! We miss you guys and hope you are well and somehow staying warm. heehee.
Post a Comment