November 1, 2008

Halloween Treats


Look what I made! I was asked to make a cake walk treat for our ward Halloween party, so I thought I'd have some fun with it and decided to make spider-web cupcakes (with spiders). It was fun, but I decided things like this and Halloween in general would be a lot more fun with kids. Someday...

For Halloween, I attempted to make bread bowls for our chili. I failed: someday I'll get the whole bread-thing down. Brendon ended up having a giant roll with his chili, but I insisted on using mine as a bowl, even if it was small. We handed out candy to, oh...maybe 30 kids, and went to the gym (TCC) for a mad game of racquetball. No need to mention who won, who played left-handed, or who got mad when they lost, but we both had a lot fun.

14 comments:

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

no lie, probably the cutest little halloween cupcakes I've ever seen

Lindsey said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with your cupcakes!! That picture looks like it came straight out of a baking book! good job!

Ashley said...

Cute cupcakes!

Sheryl said...

Good job girl! Halloween is very different without kids...from the other side of kids being gone from home....

Julie said...

Those are impressive! I don't think they look that simple :) I'm glad you put a pic up so I could see what they look like!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Those are totally cute Steph! We had a total of 0 kids come this year... bummer for moving into more of a student community. And I still think that Karen is one of the few people who can make a good breadbowl. Good ole P Kitchen days.

Ash and Joe said...

you are so hilarious! i am going to have joe play left handed next time!

Heidi said...

Love those cupcakes. You are good! I want to know who won and who got made when they lost! Tell me, tell me!

Anonymous said...

Just as everyone else posted, I am TOTALLY impressed by the cupcakes. You are super talented and creative. Maybe that's why accounting wasn't easy for you - you are creative! We gave out about 250 pieces of candy.

Unknown said...

Nice work!! Will wasn't so lucky this year! I didn't take the time to do much of anything. Not that I'm crafty at all anyway! :) You have given me inspiration though. Thanks for sharing!! Miss you!!

Addi said...

WOW Stephanie! What other secret talents are you hiding?

Geri/Cindy said...

It looks like you are taking after your mom with your creative cooking skills. Have you tried making Ginger Snaps? (HINT HINT)

Tiff said...

Hey Steph - I think i'm going to make my blog restricted so let me know what your email address is for blogspot so I can add you to the list.

Woodworth Family said...

GREAT job on the cupcakes! With as often as we same the same things, at the same time, it's amazing we aren't twins! When you figure out the bread-bowl thing... let me know!