September 16, 2008

The Holmes' Apartment is Now a Home

We have finally turned our apartment into a home and I am SOOO excited! While living on my own the past five years, I've never thought it was worth the money or extra nails in the wall to decorate a temporary dwelling. But I finally broke down and made our apartment a home by nailing pictures on the wall.

As a little preview to the our second apartment, when Brendon & I found our first apartment, I was proudly showing it to my parents. Their faces didn't show the excitement I felt and my mom said, "Well, at least it will always get better than this." And better it is.

Here is a little tour for those of you interested...



Thanks to my running buddy, who just happens to be an interior decorator, Brendon & I agreed on a nice, conversational set-up for our living room. The living room is my favorite room and, coincidentally, the only room that's decorated.

On the main level with the living room is the kitchen and we love it! There's a lot more counter & cupboard space than we're used to. There has been more time for dinner preparation than in the past, so we're finally trying a lot of new recipes.


Up the Stairs...
We have a bed ready for all of you coming to visit. There's plenty of room: you can even have your own closet! Unlike the spacious guest bedroom, the bathroom is a bit small, but it's working out fine.



And the "master bedroom" (that's the same size as the guest bedroom) is our bedroom. It's bigger than our last bedroom, so practically a master bedroom to us.

And Down the Stairs...
We have SO MUCH ROOM FOR STORAGE! And, as a result, no junk room. It's so great! Our washer & dryer are downstairs along with storage food & supplies, camping gear, volleyball stuff, and everything else that needs a storage room.



What's even better is that this apartment doubles as a study room for Brendon & an office for Stephanie.



That's right! Brendon has surpassed amazing! Here he is, studying hard in his newly remodeled study room.

And here's Stephanie working for Overstock.com in the kitchen/dining room that doubles as an office.

12 comments:

Heidi said...

awesome! we just might have to come and see you guys since you have a guest room just for us. I love what brendon did in the basement.... good study area! Oh and nice living room furniture! I LOVE it!

Sheryl said...

Whoo Hoo!! Love it cute kids! Your living room is so nicely put together, and love those things you put on your nails in the walls!! Oh, they are your pictures!! Yay! Love the study, and the office! Cute bedroom set by the way! We say welcome home Holmes'! We will have to see how quick we can come and see....maybe next spring or summer? wouldn't that be great! Love you two - you are the best!

Jenn said...

You guys are too cute together!! Love your cute home!! Keep up the great work!

Sara said...

i love your new place. What a great job you have done. Isn't it so much fun to play house. i just love Brendon's new desk. I'm so glad to see you guys are so happy.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

oh, you two are cute little guys. Your new apartment looks big and cute! Wish I could see it in person! :)

Dejah said...

Your home looks so cute! It would be really nice having a basement for storage and office space. It all looks great. I hope you feel more at home now.

Ashley said...

How fun! That's so exciting.

Mama Bear said...

What a great place! Good job on the living room...very nice! Glad to know you guys are having fun out there!

Woodworth Family said...

Yea! Nice and roomy. Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new apartment and I can't wait to see it in person. It looks like you've got a nice cozy home together. Brendon sure is creative in setting up his study area. I also got a kick out of the chair in front of the washer & dryer. Is that so you can watch the clothes get cleaner?

Brendon said...

The chair in front of the washer is the ORIGINAL study room. But Brendon now uses the NEWLY REMODELED study room :)

Julie said...

Good job decorating! You have so much room now. That must be nice!