April 14, 2016

Hazel Bug is Two

Oh man, this girl is FUN!
Happy, playful, funny, spunky, energetic.
We all love her and she loves us all.
(I vaguely recall writing that when she was born.)

Hazel is learning to talk, use the toilet, and is beginning to understand rules.
She is a momma's girl but loves when "dada" comes home and to play with her siblings.
She can be shy at times when she is unfamiliar with people but is the complete opposite at home.

She loves playing with babies, cars, balls, dinosaurs, and books.
When it's time to take a nap, she often wants to "pay" (play).
Whenever she hears a voice of a grandparent, she gets excited.

She is the sweetest thing when it comes to babies.
Whenever she sees a baby, she likes to touch it or give the baby a hug.
Her hugs can be violent at times, but she is quickly learning to be soft.
"Oh, nigh" (nice), she says whenever she offers a hug.

Another love of hers is candy, or should I say, "Can-ee."
She especially loves "Cucker" (suckers).
She will sneak candy when she can and it always makes her happy.

She connects with every one in our family for different reasons.
Mom is her go-to. Her favorite buddy. 
Dad is her playmate when she wants to be tossed or thrown in the air or tickled relentlessly.
Henry is her wrestling and running buddy.
They have similar personalities and are often laughing together.
Maggie is her talking buddy and her favorite word to say. 
We hear, "Maaaggieeeee!" a lot these days.
Overall, she brings us all a lot of laughter.



I love when Hazel thinks she's Mom and says, "Maggie! Two...free...on" (two...three...one)!
Today while she and I were sitting in the bathroom, Henry and Maggie were loudly playing together and Hazel yelled a couple incomprehensible sentences and then said, while pointing her finger, "Nigh" (nice)! 

 I congratulated Brendon and I for keeping Hazel alive until 2-years-old,
then quickly gave angels and God the credit.
She survived a 30-piece-magnet-removing surgery and chipped her two front teeth.
She is busy and brave.

This is typical Hazel. We went on a hike and the older kids decided to play on a tree.
Hazel and I were walking and she sat in the sand and she quickly decided to eat some...
then she figured--why not--let's swim in it...
then thought she'd take the plunge and roll in it.
Oh, crazy Hazey!

I love the dimple on her right cheek, her infectious smile, and her cuddles.
She loves to lay on a shoulder and tuck her arms underneath her belly and often wiggles her bum.
She is a healthy, happy girl and we feel so blessed to have her love and laughter in our home.
Our family is happier with her around. A little crazier, but definitely happier.

1 comment:

Justin and Carissa said...

I wish I could see that sweet "crazy Hazey." Can you believe her and Landon are hitting the two year mark? Feels like just yesterday we were talking about getting pregnant at the same time. Just a few more weeks and I'll get to see you in person!!