April 12, 2016

Life is moving so quickly.
Christmas was yesterday according to my blog.
Since then, we celebrated Henry's sixth birthday, Easter, 
and Hazel's second birthday.

My heart is full of love and gratitude,
happiness and even joy.
Brendon and I often look at each other and say,
"We are so blessed," or
"Our kids are pretty darn cute," or
"Our life is amazing."
The blessings feel like we don't have room to receive them.
My recent prayers to recognize the Lord's hand is being answered.

I am enjoying this phase of life.
This don't-have-to-get-ready-till-noon phase of life.
We have a lot of lazy mornings these days.
Sometimes we cuddle, other times the kids play while I read in bed, 
and now and then we actually get ready and do whatever we want until noon.

My kids are ridiculously cute together.
I never anticipated them loving each other as much as they do.
Recently Henry had a headache that was really bothering him.
He was lying on the floor moaning, asking me to get Hazel.
I would bring Hazel to Henry and she would lay on him, laughing.
Henry would smile and laugh, too.
Hazel would leave and Henry would go back to his sad, sick state and ask for Hazel.
She would go back to him and hug him, wrestle him, laugh with him
and he would hug her and smile with her.
And then she'd leave again and he would lie on the floor and moan, "Hazel...Hazel, come here."

Hazel has her really cute moments with Maggie, too.
Today they were both sitting on my lap and Hazel was touching Maggie's face 
talking to her and they would both laugh together.

Henry and Maggie are great buds, too.
Henry learned to ride his bike last month so now Maggie has a friend to ride around the loop with.
The two are usually together.
Nothing brings me more joy than seeing my kids interact with so much love towards each other.
They complete each other.

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

I always loved and marveled at how well your kids played together. What a special family dynamic that you guys will get to share and enjoy forever!! And Maggie is looking so grown up.

Cassie said...

I'm jealous of your laid back mornings. I sure miss those days before we had to rush of to school by 7am. I think it's so great that you are making the most of your calm mornings, and enjoying it. Especially reading in bed. I should have done that way more.