February 23, 2015

Dance Party

This morning the kids and I cleaned for ten minutes, 
then played "fighting" for five minutes.
We pretended to shoot bullets out of guns and arrows out of a bow.
Henry chose that game.
We all had a fun-filled five minutes.

We cleaned for another ten minutes,
then had another five minutes of play.
Maggie chose "ring around the rosies" and then we had a dance party.

I'm learning that dance parties with young children is as good as it gets.
I can dance the way I do (i.e. crazily and awfully)
with no weird looks and no embarrassment.
My children think it's awesome that we're playing together and being silly.



It's the kind of moment where I want to freeze time.
My kids are smiling and having fun
and I am, too.
I tried to capture the moment with a picture,
but it didn't work out too well.

After our dance party, we got ready for the day.
Well, the kids got ready. I stayed unshowered, unmakeuped.
We went to a friend's house to play,
 came home and watched a movie,
fought over not watching another movie,
picked up a friend from school,
ate dinner,
had family night,
and sent the kids to bed.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

What a good way to get your kids to help. I usually default to the stern voice and threats. I'll have to try this next time. I'm sure it will be a bit more effective. :)

Justin and Carissa said...

Dance parties with the kids are the best! For being a dancer I am a pretty horrible freestyle dancer but I sure love to get my groove on! And good idea to break up the cleaning with fun time...I need to remember that one