13.1 Miles
I forgot to mention in my last post that I ran a half marathon in November.
For the first time ever, I trained with friends (as much as Brendon's scheduled allowed me to).
I felt so happy in the month of October.
Running + being with amazing people and having good conversation = therapy!
The perfect way to start a day.
The marathon was so fun.
Well, the first few miles when we were together were fun.
Laughing, singing, talking...that was fun.
Then we all split up.
I did amazingly well for the first eleven miles.
I kept hearing my mile time and was so pleased with myself.
Then...the last mile killed me.
I just couldn't get my goal time of under two hours.
So the half marathons continue with the same goal time.
I finished at 2:03:46.
The race has so few competitors that I even got a medal!
Happy Thanksgiving
I forgot to mention in my last post that I ran a half marathon in November.
For the first time ever, I trained with friends (as much as Brendon's scheduled allowed me to).
I felt so happy in the month of October.
Running + being with amazing people and having good conversation = therapy!
The perfect way to start a day.
The marathon was so fun.
Well, the first few miles when we were together were fun.
Laughing, singing, talking...that was fun.
Then we all split up.
I did amazingly well for the first eleven miles.
I kept hearing my mile time and was so pleased with myself.
Then...the last mile killed me.
I just couldn't get my goal time of under two hours.
So the half marathons continue with the same goal time.
I finished at 2:03:46.
The race has so few competitors that I even got a medal!
Happy Thanksgiving
We went to Albuquerque this year to be with the Shirley family, Grandma Sheryl, Skyler, and Aunt Randi.
We are glad the Shirley's live so close to us now: a five hour drive feels like nothing.
The cousins played,
we feasted,
relaxed,
went on a mini hike
(per Henry's request who wants to walk up the mountains we drive any time we travel),
went shopping,
enjoyed each other's company,
enjoyed each other's company,
ate out for dinner,
played games,
and hung out.
It was the perfect Thanksgiving meal/break/holiday.





2 comments:
YAY!! you guys need to come back for another visit before you take off for Brendon's new job in St. George! PLEASE!!?
You ran your half! What a hardcore runner you are with your own running "club" and running all these races while you still have little ones to take care of.
Post a Comment