I was really nervous for three children.
But the adjustment has gone incredibly well.
But the adjustment has gone incredibly well.
While in the hospital, I explained to Henry that mommy was staying at the hospital.
He was fine with that but requested baby sister to go home with them.
And he continues to love and adore his baby sister.
He says, "I just want to hug and kiss her," a dozen times a day.
And Henry gives great, big bear hugs but is so soft with Hazel.
He used to request to hold her all the time but doesn't seem to enjoy that lately--just the hugs and kisses.
He also asks all the time, "What is baby sister saying?"
She is usually reinforcing whatever Mom is saying
and he legitimately believes every word I tell him Hazel is saying.
and he legitimately believes every word I tell him Hazel is saying.
I have always been nervous about Maggie's transition to the baby.
She has always been a cuddler:
So much so that I never felt like I missed having a baby in the house.
But she had done really well.
Maggie was a little sad when Grandpa tried to say hi to her when they arrived as he held the baby.
Her facial expression was unsure as she looked down and her lip quivered for a few seconds.
But, thanks again to an amazing big brother who loves and plays with her,
Maggie has been occupied and loves to hug and kiss her little sister.
Maggie has been occupied and loves to hug and kiss her little sister.
She requests to hold her often.
The cutest thing she picked up on was caring for her own baby doll.
I often find her baby in a bed with Maggie's favorite blanket on her.
My parents came to Lubbock to help for a week after Hazel was born.
We loved their company, as always.
They kept the older kids happy as I held, fed, and doted on our newest addition.
They cooked, left a bunch of leftovers, and spoiled us all (yet again).
It is always special to spend time with your family after the birth of a baby.
I was especially grateful they came when they did.
Their first night here I was up at night for a long stretch of time.
Not because of the baby,
but because I have three little children.
I woke up to feed Hazel and then Henry woke up.
Then Henry woke up Maggie.
I was lying in my bed crying (because I get emotional about not getting sleep apparently),
telling myself to stop crying, everything would be okay because I could nap thanks to my parents being here.
It's so weird how I always feel a lack of emotional control.
My mind was totally fine, but the tears just kept coming.
Thankfully those nights are mostly over.
I am very selective about the nights when I try to get Henry to sleep in his own bed
(he frequently comes and lies on our floor to sleep during the middle of the night,
although there has been some big improvements lately).
Hazel is a decent sleeper.
And when I really need to, I take a nap during the day.
That's a BIG perk to having three young children.
Henry doesn't nap most days, but when I need him to, he will.
We are out of our cooped-up-at-home phase and enjoying real life again.
Henry and Maggie are great friends (most of the time) and have helped make the transition a smooth one.
Hazel is a good baby.
Somehow, despite Brendon's crazy schedule at the time, I felt fine. Great, even.
Baby Hazel is a good baby.
She is a good eater and is getting better at sleeping.
She loves to smile at us.
She handles the sibling love with grace.
She is perfect in every way.
They cooked, left a bunch of leftovers, and spoiled us all (yet again).
It is always special to spend time with your family after the birth of a baby.
I was especially grateful they came when they did.
Their first night here I was up at night for a long stretch of time.
Not because of the baby,
but because I have three little children.
I woke up to feed Hazel and then Henry woke up.
Then Henry woke up Maggie.
I was lying in my bed crying (because I get emotional about not getting sleep apparently),
telling myself to stop crying, everything would be okay because I could nap thanks to my parents being here.
It's so weird how I always feel a lack of emotional control.
My mind was totally fine, but the tears just kept coming.
Thankfully those nights are mostly over.
I am very selective about the nights when I try to get Henry to sleep in his own bed
(he frequently comes and lies on our floor to sleep during the middle of the night,
although there has been some big improvements lately).
Hazel is a decent sleeper.
And when I really need to, I take a nap during the day.
That's a BIG perk to having three young children.
Henry doesn't nap most days, but when I need him to, he will.
We are out of our cooped-up-at-home phase and enjoying real life again.
Henry and Maggie are great friends (most of the time) and have helped make the transition a smooth one.
Hazel is a good baby.
Somehow, despite Brendon's crazy schedule at the time, I felt fine. Great, even.
Baby Hazel is a good baby.
She is a good eater and is getting better at sleeping.
She loves to smile at us.
She handles the sibling love with grace.
She is perfect in every way.




2 comments:
You are amazing! You make three sound easy but since there's no way it can be as easy as you make it sound, I know you must be handling it like a champ. I'm glad Hazel is such a good baby.
I always love hearing about your insights and feelings...especially with the transition to this beautiful addition to your beautiful family. All of your babies are precious! Congrats!
Post a Comment