June 9, 2014

Week in Review

I keep reviewing pictures on my phone and computer, many of which I wish I blogged about.
So I'm going to try to blog more so I can read about my cute kids.
My goal is every one to two weeks but we'll see how long that lasts...

This week I've been consumed with buying family picture outfits.
Waste of time, energy, and money? Yes!
I'm not going to lie, I am excited to have a new shirt in my closet, so maybe not a total waste.
But as I was wondering what to put Hazel in, I took this cute picture.
I just love her with my whole heart.

And Maggie.
My dearest Maggie.
She is at a really fun stage.
Brendon and I are always commenting about how cute she is.
Her voice is cute, her word pronunciation is cute.
I just love her with my whole heart, too.
She is very shy and would never do this if she knew people would see her doing this,
but here is the real Maggie in all her glory, dancing like a ballerina.
On Sunday while facetiming (is that a verb?) with Grandma and Grandpa Gibson,
Grandpa asked if he was her favorite person. Maggie shook her head.
Then Grandma asked if she was her favorite person and Maggie shook her head.
I asked if I was her favorite person (because really I am) and she shook her head.
"Who's your favorite person?" I asked.
"Maggie!"

The kids and I had a couple fun, out-of-the-ordinary outings this week.
First, the library had a couple bounce house toys and a train.
We waited in line awhile to get to the train.
They were very anxious to say the least.
Every time the train pulled up they both said, "My turn!"
And I busted their bubble every round as we waited in the blistering heat for their turn.
They loved their rides and both of them thought they could ride consecutive rides.

On Saturday Dad was working, but I decided to have fun without him.
We went to the Silent Wings Museum, a museum with artifacts of World War II,
especially the military glider program.
I had never been and it was free admission (because it was the D-day anniversary).
It would be a great place to visit without kids.
But they had some fun things for kids.
My kids loved seeing the planes.
We even got to sit in one and watch one take off.
See the excitement of seeing a plane in the air?
Afterwards we went shopping, picked up a Redbox movie
(Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2), and got a pizza.
The kids were both asleep before 7 pm.
It was a great Saturday.
 

And here's a couple extras for good measure.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

A blog post the week you leave for a trip? That's a feat in itself but I'm impressed you managed to have so much fun. Can't wait to see you.

Morgan said...

I LOVE family picture clothes shopping. It takes me months..but it's so fun.
Also....your kids are ALL just little pieces of heaven,
And as always, you look AMAZING. =)
xoxo

Julie said...

I have not checked blogs in forever so I had no idea you had another baby! I feel so behind! That is so exciting. Congrats on a beautiful baby girl. Hazel is adorable and I love the name. I am actually expecting a girl August 3rd. We are so excited to be adding a girl to our family. I hope you are doing well!