December 11, 2013

Henry and Maggie

These two are little buddies.
Henry has even called Maggie his "best fwend" on occasion.
They play together.
They laugh together.
And it's my favorite thing to watch.

Maggie runs down the hall sometimes yelling, "Hen-ee! Hen-ee! Hen-ee! (Henry)"
She says, "Where Hen-ee?" at least five times a day when he's in preschool.
And as soon as we turn the corner to Henry's preschool, she excitedly says, "Hen-ee!"
She adores him.
She says everything he says.
And does everything he does.
                             {playing doggies together}                                 {dressing up like brother}

Henry will often say, "Maggie, let's go play."
They'll go into his room and jump on the bed.
Sometimes, when I peek in, they are both doing their own thing:
Maggie will be reading a book while Henry is pretending to be a lion.
But they are content being in the same room together.

When Henry was nine months old, I remember thinking, "He's ready for a sibling."
And it wasn't long after that that we found out we were pregnant with Maggie.
It's so fun to see their relationship grow.
Sure, there are fights. 
Many fights.
But they are learning so much together.
And they love each other so much.
My heart bursts every time I hear them laughing together.

2 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

What is your secret? Not that my boys hate each other but I feel like they don't appreciate each other enough.

Kate said...

I love this. It gives me hope for the future :)