When I first told him he was going to preschool he said,
"Do I get a backpack?"
I assured him he did.
And he loves his dinosaur backpack.
He was so excited about school before it started.
I told him only big boys who poop on the toilet get to go to school.
It helped. For a little while.
Initially, school wasn't problem free for his teachers or me.
I questioned myself for a week when I dropped him off kicking and screaming.
But he always came home very happy.
Fast forward to half-way through the school year.
He loves school.
His teachers say they can tell his little mind is working.
And not only is he learning academics, but also social skills.
It warms my heart to hear about him befriending others.
Thanks to school teachers, Henry can write an "H,"
identify numbers, letters, and shapes,
and is picking up on some math.
During our Thanksgiving break (in Norco, CA) we went on a walk.
Henry saw two horses, then one.
He said, "Two horses and one horse. Three horses."
I love school.
I love the one-on-one time with Maggie.
She loves it when we get to pick up Henry.
And Henry tells me, "I like preschool."
1 comment:
We love Henry! And am glad he enjoys school. Seriously, he is learning so fast-his brain is like a sponge and it soaks everything up. He has the sweetest smile and is always so excited about everything. Definitely wants to be everyone's best friend at school.
Post a Comment