November 24, 2013

Maggie's Birthday

We celebrated Maggie's birthday yesterday with our little family.
I kept saying, "Happy birthday, Maggie!"
And she would say, "Happy birthday, Maggie!"
I don't think she got it.

She and I went shopping in the morning.
After nap/quiet time (because she never fell asleep), we went bowling.
Can you see the enthusiasm?
Henry and Maggie made it through five frames.
Then spent the rest of the time running around,
playing hide-and-seek in the chairs,
and finding arcade games to play,

dance on,
and swing on.

Brendon and I took turns bowling two frames and watching kids.
We had fun.
The kids had fun.
It was a success.

Then we went home for dinner.
Spaghetti and meatballs.
I don't think she knows what her favorite food is yet.
We had cupcakes to celebrate Maggie.
We sang "Happy Birthday (Maggie)" while Henry blew out a candle.
Then "Happy Birthday (Maggie)" while Mom blew out Maggie's candles.
And then we chowed down.
At least Mom and Dad chowed down.
Henry ate frosting.
Maggie ate a few bites and was done.

In an effort to get the kids down to bed quickly, I forgot to open presents.
But two-year-old's don't know presents come with birthdays.
So we opened them the next morning.
She loves the stroller we got her.
She pushed it around all day today.

Church was cancelled today because Lubbock shuts down when it snows (as it should).
So we had two fun family days:
a birthday celebration yesterday (and today),
lots of Daddy time,
and fun in the snow.

It was a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

What a fun day. She may not have really understood that it was her birthday, but I'm sure she felt so special. Well done.

Breana said...

Happy Birthday, Maggie!!