We drove to Utah in one day, our first ever attempt at doing a 14-hour drive which equates to a 16-hour drive between potty breaks. I could blame it on the kids, but I needed to stop more than they did. We left the morning after Brendon's night shift. Although I drove, Brendon didn't get to sleep very well between swapping out movies, picking up dropped blankets, handing out candy, and pacifying the children. But we made it (with a lot of help from Diet Coke, suckers, any other food/sugar I could lay my hands, and books on CD).
I discovered Utah for the first time, too. Perhaps it was because I was driving or perhaps it's because I live in Lubbock, but driving through Moab and Price felt as if I was seeing beautiful scenery for the first time. I drove in awe. I wish I could capture it on my camera, but I was driving and my camera isn't that amazing.
Our time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and the dogs was priceless as usual. We tried to pack in as many things as possible and we were successful. We enjoyed dinners together and a trip to the zoo.
(If Brendon & I had to choose which animal we would be, it would be a giraffe.
We discovered our similar interest while dating. Thus, our giraffe photo.)
Henry was thrilled with his souvenir and Grandpa was happy to spoil him, stating, "We'll see what you do with your grand kids."
We also had a lot of time to visit with friends which is always a treat. Brendon and I played volleyball with Brendon's old college roommate and his wife (Sam & Brittany) and had a good visit. We also hung out with my old college roommate and her family a lot (Brad & Cassie). Cassie and I went shopping together (without kids), we went to the park (with our kids), and had dinner together.
2 comments:
Good job driving by yourself!! Its better to knock it out in one day I think!
It was so fun to read about your trip to Utah! I'm glad you got to spend some time with family and friends. The giraffe pic made me laugh :)
Post a Comment