Henry keeps asking for grandpa.
He left a couple days ago.
If Maggie could talk, she would be asking for grandma.
Maggie Sue loves her Grandma Sue.
We had another grandparent visit and have officially exhausted our Lubbock resources for things to do with visitors.
We started our week together with dinner at Pei Wei's and a trip to the grocery store.
We overflowed our candy bowl and we now have a candy cupboard.
But only because we restocked it twice, because we downed that stuff (and continue to do so).
Every night we played games--Spades and Bohnanza--and out came the candy.
It was great: the candy and the games.
One of the highlights of having my parents here was the games (my highlight, maybe not anybody else's).
(As Grandpa went to the candy cupboard, two munchkins quickly followed and Grandpa didn't disappoint.)
We visited a couple museums in town.
One of which we visit at least twice a month.
Henry was so excited to show Grandpa everything.
The other museum was a new museum for us, but will be revisited.
Henry liked chasing the rabbit he found.
Nothing to do with the museum, but we love free entertainment outside of the house.
We ate out and tried new places we had never eaten before.
A couple of duds, a couple gems, and the others we knew were good.
Eating out is always a treat.
Then there was low-key hanging out.
We went to the park and I flew my first kite (that actually worked).
We also played at home a lot--with toys, Grandma's iPad, and watching movies.
I'm sure it was just as refreshing to the kids as it was to me to have someone else entertaining them.
The caverns were beautiful and even the kids enjoyed it.
Maggie kept pointing and saying, "Wow!"
Henry loved running on the path and getting a turn in the backpack.
Brendon said it was nice not to have to put the kids to bed every night.
I said it was nice to have the energy to put the kids to bed because I didn't have to do everything (or maybe I should say anything) throughout the day.
Henry loved laughing and playing with Grandpa (and Grandma).
Not to mention the soda pop, candy, and juice.
Maggie loved being in the arms of her grandparents constantly.
She, too, had her fair share of treats and now goes for the candy cupboard every morning.
We are so grateful for the time we get to spend with family.
It amazes me every time to see the connection my children have with their grandparents--both sets.
I think I say this every time we see family, but there are bonds that run deeper than this life.
Families are truly forever--starting before this life and continuing after this life.
We overflowed our candy bowl and we now have a candy cupboard.
But only because we restocked it twice, because we downed that stuff (and continue to do so).
Every night we played games--Spades and Bohnanza--and out came the candy.
It was great: the candy and the games.
One of the highlights of having my parents here was the games (my highlight, maybe not anybody else's).
(As Grandpa went to the candy cupboard, two munchkins quickly followed and Grandpa didn't disappoint.)
We visited a couple museums in town.
One of which we visit at least twice a month.
Henry was so excited to show Grandpa everything.
The other museum was a new museum for us, but will be revisited.
Henry liked chasing the rabbit he found.
Nothing to do with the museum, but we love free entertainment outside of the house.
We ate out and tried new places we had never eaten before.
A couple of duds, a couple gems, and the others we knew were good.
Eating out is always a treat.
Then there was low-key hanging out.
We went to the park and I flew my first kite (that actually worked).
We also played at home a lot--with toys, Grandma's iPad, and watching movies.
I'm sure it was just as refreshing to the kids as it was to me to have someone else entertaining them.
The biggest highlight of the week was our trip to Carlsbad.
A seven-hour drive (round trip) made for lots of conversation.The caverns were beautiful and even the kids enjoyed it.
Maggie kept pointing and saying, "Wow!"
Henry loved running on the path and getting a turn in the backpack.
Brendon said it was nice not to have to put the kids to bed every night.
I said it was nice to have the energy to put the kids to bed because I didn't have to do everything (or maybe I should say anything) throughout the day.
Henry loved laughing and playing with Grandpa (and Grandma).
Not to mention the soda pop, candy, and juice.
Maggie loved being in the arms of her grandparents constantly.
She, too, had her fair share of treats and now goes for the candy cupboard every morning.
We are so grateful for the time we get to spend with family.
It amazes me every time to see the connection my children have with their grandparents--both sets.
I think I say this every time we see family, but there are bonds that run deeper than this life.
Families are truly forever--starting before this life and continuing after this life.



1 comment:
So glad your Grampa Aaron and Gramma Sue could come and see you! Time with your family is always fun and loving!! Great times!! Can't wait until July when I get to get my hands on those two!!
Post a Comment