February 9, 2013

Not Far Removed

I've been thinking lately...
Maggie is nearly 15 months old
and she is a joy.
A piece of heaven.

(Almost) Everything she does warms my heart:
her squinty-eyed cheesy smiles,
her "thant to" (thank you),
her excitement to see Dad when he comes home,
the way she cuddles when she first wakes up,
when she touches my nose over and over again,
her "bye" as she waves flipping her hand from the wrist,
the way she claps and smiles when I say, "Good job, Maggie!"
her kisses...
and the list goes on.
And on.

Maggie is so young.
She was in God's presence not so long ago.
She can probably remember what it felt like
and she has brought a piece of that heavenly experience with her.

Joy.
Happiness. 
Serenity.
Forgiveness.
Trust.
Peace.
Love.
All things good.



There is something special about babies. 
And I think it is the feelings they invoke in us.
They help us remember
because they remember.
Unlike us, they are not far removed from their pre-mortal experience.
They remember perfect love.
And they help us remember what that feels like.

4 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

That is so true. I love being close to Koyle; it is like holding a piece of innocence in my arms. Pure love. Babies! They are great.

Kate said...

I love this. You are such a great mom.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You should be a writer! You know it has to be good if I leave a comment :)
Love you all,
Mom

Sheryl said...

You have such a sweet sense of things of the spirit. There is nothing more precious than those moments of heavenly awareness, especially when it is with our own babies. Maggie is such a tender little soul. Keep on loving momma!!

Love you!