Here are my two cute Valentines.
They are starting to love each other.
Perhaps they have always loved each other,
but now they are starting to tolerate and play with one another.
The sweetest sound in the entire world
is the sound of the two of them laughing together
when we are driving in the car
or when they are playing in a room together, just the two of them.
I also love hearing Henry read a book to Maggie.
He is doing a lot better lately with his role as a big brother.
He is more helpful,
more able to understand my requests,
and is learning when it is appropriate to rough house.
We're still working on it, but I've seen good improvements.
He's a loving boy and a great big brother.
Maggie is very patient.
*****
Brendon and I spent our Valentine's evening with me over the toilet throwing up,
Brendon running to the store for some popsicles and soda pop
(we still don't agree on what to call carbonated sugar),
and watching a movie.
Ahh, real life. It's so romantic.
But really, it was perfect (aside from hanging out with the toilet).
I got my requested letter and he got his practical gift.
Nothing says "I love you" more than that.
2 comments:
Kids are funny! They remind me of my brother and I growing up. We would be best friends and then hate each other and then be best friends and then hate each other. It was quite a journey! I'm sorry you were so sick on Love Day :-(
I love your gifts. I get a sweet love poem written by Steve each year and he gets a practical gift from me:)
Post a Comment