December 3, 2011

Heaven on Earth

Time has seemed to stop. We are at home, all together. The four of us. No worrying about schedules or daily routines. We are simply hanging out, playing together, and taking care of each other. We have been experiencing a piece of heaven on earth this last week. There is something special about a newborn in the home and having time together as a family.

Brendon is home for two weeks (minus a two-day interview in Texas). He has been playing Mr. Mom, doing everything from dishes and laundry to playing with and feeding Henry, making sure our little man is getting lots of love and attention, not to mention getting diaper changes and going to bed on time. Brendon is a saint to say the least. I told him he should change career paths to stay at home full time, but he declined, reminding me that we wouldn't make it very far in life. Having so much time together is rare and what makes it so special, I've concluded. Between Brendon and my mom who calls every day to see if she can help in any way, we (Henry, Maggie, and I) have been in good hands.

Maggie is such a joy. Something hit me when I first saw her out of my belly: it was an instantaneous love handed to me for this child. My daughter. I cherished my time with her in the hospital. We had a lot of alone time, and, just like with Henry, I completely fell in love with her. Now that we are home, the love continues to grow. She is so angelic: the essence of a pure child. Her father and I adore her.

Henry is slowly warming up to Maggie, bless his little heart. We are trying to be sensitive to him and his needs. Each day he is making progress in getting acquainted with his sister. The other day he came up to her while she was awake on my lap and talked to her for awhile and gave her a kiss for the first time. He has repeated this several times since. Henry often hears the phrase, "Be soft." He is learning a lot about being a big brother and I have no doubt that he'll be one of the best.
 

Our lives are forever changed. Forever changed for the better in so many ways. We are thrilled about the newest addition to our family and, even though there are difficult days ahead (I'm wondering how I'll be able to manage two by myself coupled with sleepless nights), the good moments will outweigh the hard ones, I'm sure. 

Maggie, we love and adore you and are so grateful you are a part of our family.

14 comments:

Courtney N said...

Congrats to the beautiful family!

Iliana said...

She is beautiful! Henry needs to come over here a few hours a day to play so you can nap... serious. I bet he and Gavin will get a long great and we have more boy toys than anyone needs. So glad you've been enjoying the time... it does go by too too fast.

Heidi said...

Oh so sweet! You always say the perfect things on your blog!

She is precious! and I am wondering when we will get to meet her...

Chellese said...

She couldn't be more perfect. I'm so glad you have had this special time to be a family of four. Let me know how I can help YOU when things get back to (mostly) normal and you need a hand.

Cassie said...

Man that hairbow looks good on her. I'm dying to see her again. How neat that you have such a rare opportunity to have Brendon around for 2 whole weeks at the most perfect time. Precious memories!

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Stephanie, you are seriously the sweetest mom. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts right after having your babes. Love them. Congrats to you guys. Let us know if you need anything and I am SO sorry about the whole headband measurement idea...I totally forgot until I saw a picture of Maggie with a sweet headband on. Sorry!!

Morgan said...

congratulations! she is lovely! good luck with a new baby and a sweet toddler! and...as always, you are beautiful. =)

Sheryl said...

Sweet, sweet Stephanie. I sit here with tears in my eyes and a prayer in my heart. Again sooooo thankful that you are Brendon's forever! You are poiniant, and thoughtful, and express this time so beautifully. Our babies are so blessed to call you mother! I love you 4 and miss you and can't wait to hold that little angel! You all hold a piece of my heart!
Love, Mom Holmes

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness, she is precious!!! I'm so happy for your little family!

Sara said...

She is just PRECIOUS! Maggie suits her perfectly. What a beautiful family you have grown. xoxo

Lindsey said...

Congrats!! Having a newborn certainly is special! enjoy every second, as you know it goes SOO FAST! Especially with it being so close to christmas I bet it is extra special to have a newborn in the home. She is so sweet and you look amazing!

Jessica said...

such a sweet post! I haven't been on blogger in a long time, I love catching up with how you guys have been. little girls are the sweetest ;)

StephenEmily Stacey said...

I haven't been able to check your blog for a while, so here's a late congrats! Maggie is so perfectly beautiful.

Tauaalo Family said...

Congrats Steph your baby girl is adorable! So nice to read your blog and catch up with whats going on in life. Looks like all is well! :) Cute family!!