May 9, 2011

The Simple Life

Last week was a good week.  A really good week.  One where I finally felt so much gratitude for this simple stage of life.  The simple life where I can go on a walk, anytime, for however long I want with Henry.  The simple life where I don't have to clean today, because I have time tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that.  The life where Henry and I can jump in the car and go play at grandmas, play with friends, go to the park, or run to a store, just because. The life that, although monotonous and boring at times, is undemanding and not busy...at all.

Cute even with a goober nose!
My mother-in-law recently reminded me that life is rarely in a stage like this (i.e. slow), and while I often find myself looking forward to the next stages of life with more children, driving the kids to school and activities, and being so busy with life, last week I finally felt so grateful for my days filled with me and Henry.  Just the two of us, hanging out together, taking moments throughout the day to countdown the hours until dad gets home.

Maybe it is so much easier to be so happy with dad home.  Dad's presence definitely makes life more enjoyable for both me and Henry.  I love looking forward to him coming home throughout the day.  And Henry gets to spend at least an hour playing with dad while laughing non-stop.  Yes, we are happier with dad home.

Henry, by the way, is still getting cuter.  I love to stare at him and dwell on his cuteness.  I can't get enough of my 14-month-old's good looks (thanks to his dad).  He said "please" twice last week.  Hasn't said it since, but it sure was cute.  I could go on and on, but I'll save Henry's cuteness for another post.

Simply put, I love my simple life and hope I enjoy it while it lasts.

8 comments:

Christina Dalton said...

He is dang cute... keep going on about him :)

Sara said...

yay for Daddy being home again! I miss those days with just Tanner and I. things change and the next stage was good too, but there is just something about those quiet times with your oldest that you NEVER forget! So sweet, thanks for your post. ; )

Jessica said...

the booger nose is the cutest ;)

Cassie said...

I'm so glad he's back. It was so fun to see your cute fam at the store the other night.

Sheryl said...

enjoy every adorable moment...just like you are!!

Morgan said...

AHHH i can't believe he is 14 months! What a handsome little man!
And I remember when things were simple and wonderful and slow, and totally up to your whim.
Glad you are enjoying your "here and now".
And thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog. You are beautiful and amazing, and when you grow up...NEVER MIND. You are amazing right now. =)

Addi said...

It's so, so true. I look back on my life with just me and Baby Max and miss the slow times, which also involved General Hospital in the daily schedule. Ahhh, maybe in ten years I'll be able to catch up on the latest in Port Charles again. :)

Sara said...

thanks for you sweet comment on my blog today... i just thought i'd let you know i left you a comment on your comment. haha :)