March 3, 2011

One


Has it really been one whole year since I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy?  I still remember everything so clearly...I just had a one-year review in my mind of all my feelings and experiences.  Not only is it a miracle to periodically see the growth of a baby from inception to delivery, but also to see the growth of a baby from one minute old to one year old.

This is so bittersweet.

Henry was grown from a baby to a toddler this year, experiencing everything from love and laughter to tantrums and tears.  Brendon and I have been very grateful and amazed at Henry's gift to love, laugh, and bring happiness to others.  Henry radiates when he is with people.  We know this will be a lifelong gift that will bless the lives of many others.  Henry has already brought so much joy into our lives and our love grows for him daily.


Within the past month, Henry started doing the following:
  • Saying "gog" or "gie" when he sees a dog
  • Scaring us, just like we scare him
  • Crying...a lot (maybe because of teeth coming in? maybe because he knows what he wants but can't tell me what he wants?)
  • Throwing tantrums when I take something away, complete with his head lying on the floor, tears, and his little bum up in the air while he lays on his stomach
  • Feeding himself with a spoon (or maybe I should say making big messes with spoons)
  • Mimicking words and sounds, including "Bbb" for "Baaaaa" (like a sheep), "hi," and "hey" 
We love you so much, little Henry!  Happy Birthday to you!

10 comments:

Breana said...

it goes by so fast! Happy Birthday to our adorable nephew!!

Brittany said...

Happy birthday to Henry!! I can't believe he is 1 already! wow!

Sheryl said...

He is edible!! Thanks for sharing the pictures of this handsomest little man!! Wish I was there!

Courtney N said...

A year?! Wow! He sure is a cutie!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash and Joe said...

what a smart big boy! such a cutie!!! ahhh this means eliza is next. ahhh!!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to that beautiful boy!! xoxo to you all!

Leanna said...

happy birthday! he is a handsome little guy! what a joy!

Katie Jean said...

Such a cutie!

Julie said...

Stephanie!! He is just adorable. I can't believe how fast time flies!! Hope all is well and you are doing great!!!