For our second week of California, my little family met up with my parents and siblings for a vacation in California. We had the perfect mix of down-time and on-the-go time.
Our first stop was Disneyland. We enjoyed our day waiting in lines and riding the rides. Fortunately for me and Brendon, the grandparents took Henry while we hung out with Brittany and Austin to hit some "big kid" rides. Our two hour wait for Space Mountain was utter torture, but I'm glad we waited (although I'd never wait that long again). We laughed and complained a lot together while waiting for rides and had so much fun. My sister, Brittany, and I wanted to stay a couple more hours, but we were outvoted by everyone else. I loved just being together. Disneyland was the biggest highlight of the week.
Henry's favorite activity while vacationing in California, if he knew how to tell me, was bowling. Once we let him stand at the ball return, he was one happy camper. The air blowing in his face really added to the experience. Also of note, Brendon got an all new high of 202! Maybe he did so well because he was so serious (serious face pictured below).
I just love this picture of my brother-in-law, Tyler, & his daughter Brooklyn.
We also shared good times together driving up and down PCH, playing SCUM, going to the San Diego Zoo, sitting in the hot tub together, watching the Food Network (me & Mindy), playing the "Shopping Game" (a game my dad enjoys where he gives us money and we have to spend it in a certain amount of time--usually one hour--or we give him back the money...I don't think anyone has ever given back the money), eating together, and celebrating New York's new year (a most brilliant idea) in our pj's. It was another perfect week in California.
Now we're almost back to real life. We're doing real life things, just not in our own living space. Brendon is back to work/school. Henry is a little more clingy after our trip but is still managing to be his happy self. And I am back to blogging.



3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a great time! Gotta love Disneyland!
What a fun family you have. I'm liking the "shopping game" idea. I'll have to pass the word on to my folks. Want some more pancakes? I've had some every morning+ since Friday. Carter is now saying "cakes" when he wakes up in the morning.
Love your pictures! Im excited to see you guys again and see cute Henry.
Post a Comment