I'm on my fourth draft for a new post. There are so many things on my mind. First and foremost, I feel so blessed for my family. So blessed to have a loving husband and a happy baby. So blessed to have good parents and siblings who have taught me and guided me by example (and who continue to do so today). So blessed to have fun, supportive in-laws (complete with parents, brothers, and sisters) whom I adore. So blessed to be able to live with my grandma for a few weeks (to shorten Brendon's commute for his psychiatric rotation from 60 to 10 minutes). Seriously, so blessed.
We were fortunate to spend our two week break (the benefit of being students) in California with a lot of family. It was wonderful. Two full weeks of family, family, and more family. I could have stayed forever.
My little family had a nice drive to California, just the three of us in our little Mercury. I love road trips. We talked, laughed, ate our snacks, and took a lot of shopping breaks to ease our little Henry into long car rides. It was perfect (except for the small patch of snow we hit). Thanks to Brendon's mad driving skills, we managed to make it in one piece to Norco.
California with the Holmes was a blast! We spent the majority of the time relaxing, eating, and watching movies. The best of times were those spent talking, wrapping gifts, laughing, watching babies interact, hugging and kissing babies, shopping, catching up, playing games and laughing some more. I just love the big family atmosphere.
Cousin Lovin'
Henry with Grandma & Grandpa Holmes
Henry with Grandma & Grandpa Pitt
Christmas Eve & Day with the siblings was so much fun. I don't think I've ever enjoyed seeing what other people got for Christmas so much. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed it this year. We love our new jammies and Henry I are enjoying some new toys to play with.
Eating up time with Grandpa & Grandma



8 comments:
he's starting to look like a little boy and not a baby...awww!
I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas! Enjoy the long breaks with being in school. We miss those!
We LOVED having you here. Our Crazy holiday traditions are just so fun, surrounded by so many. Hurry back!!
Family time is so much fun!
It was great seeing you guys and meeting your adorable Henry! Family really is everything, and I am so grateful for ours!
SO sad we missed out on you guys being here... But SO happy we got to see you before leaving Utah. xoxo to you all!
I LOVE the red pj picture. What a fun looking family.
love the Christmas Jammies...we'd love to come over sometime..next weekend would work out great ;) let us know what we can bring.
Post a Comment