September 22, 2010

Today Marks Three Years

Today is our third year anniversary. Can you believe it? I can't! Three years!?! It feels a lot more like thirty years (I mean that in the best way possible)! Then, I realize I'm not even thirty years old. Okay, it feels more like fifteen years. Haven't we known each other forever? I think so. At least it feels like we have.

I think something we look back on & realize is how much we thought we knew each other before we got married, yet how little we really knew each other. It has been fun to read back in my journal to our earlier times together & to read about how our relationship developed & how it continues to grow.

As I was trying to think of something I would want to remember about our relationship in ten years, I thought of some things Brendon & I have done together over the past few years:


  • Sing "You Are My Sunshine" to & with each other (until our neighbor heard us through the wall...that put an end to that one really quickly)
  • Race each other to bed (it was my way of getting Brendon to bed quickly, but it got too competitive & too serious, so that one was short lived)
  • Write secret love notes on each other's phones without the other person knowing it
  • Experience the birth of a child (& cry together)
  • Play with our cute boy & make him laugh
  • Snuggle on the couch after dinner & before studying to talk, take a nap, or just enjoy each other's company
  • Listen to my beautiful voice sing love songs to my one and only (...I sing, he laughs)
  • Play volleyball together
  • Play racquetball together
  • Play Boggle, Scrabble, Speed, Risk, Monopoly, etc., together
  • Watch movies together
  • Tickle each other (although this is a little one sided, and not in my favor)
  • Hide presents from each other
  • Argue over surprises versus telling what we buy each other
  • Go out to eat together and do anything to stay out of the house for an entire evening
  • Surprise each other for different occasions
  • Eat dinner together (every single night)
  • Cuddle in bed
  • Hold hands whenever we pray (& kiss after)
  • Hand sign "I love you" multiple times a day
  • Say "I love you" whenever we leave each other & greet each other with a hug & kiss (thanks to the good example of our parents)
  • Talk about fears, hopes, work, school, the past, the present, the future, frustrations, excitements, failures, goals, dreams, wishes
  • Fight over who loves who most (I do you!)
Here's to the best three years & an eternity of years to come. I love you, Brendon!

8 comments:

Diane Jarvis said...

Happy Anniversary! I think it is the sign of a good marriage to say it feels like 30 years when its only been 3. Keep up the good work!

Ash and Joe said...

so sweet. congrats you guys!!!

Ashley said...

Congrats! It really does go by so fast. Those experiences that you have together really create such a bond - it's incredible.

lauramarie said...

you guys can sing you are my sunshine again. i promise i won't hear it:) happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

happy anniversary! we will always remember your anniversary, you share this date with Matt's brother Danny.

Breana and Jordan Holmes said...

Too cute! Love you guys!!

Sheryl said...

Happy Anniversary to YOU!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪t.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary to you!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary to you!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary dear cute kids! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Anniversary
to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ and many more... ♥ LOVE YOU!

Lindsey said...

congrats! I totally remember those car rides home from work talking about wedding plans and how everything was going. it really doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but like you said in some ways it seems like that was a world ago.