March 27, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa's Visit

Grandma & Grandpa came to visit last week. They couldn’t have timed their visit any better. My sister said it would be nice to have them come a couple weeks after the baby because of hormones and such. Definitely the most emotional week since the baby. It was nice to have a mom to cry to in person. (All is well now.)
Grandma and Grandpa met Henry at 13 days old and couldn’t wait to hold and love this baby boy. He was spoiled the entire week, being held about 18 hours every day.

Henry spent a lot of time cuddling with Grandma
(Grandma gave him extra “gramma lovin’” for his other Grandma who is so far away),
watching NCIS episodes with Grandpa,
and napping with Grandpa.
While the grandparents were here, Henry’s “belly button fell off,” which I was really happy about so grandma could show me how to bathe a tiny baby. Baths are much more pleasant now.

Brendon and I enjoyed our nightly Spade competitions with my parents (guys vs. girls; we had fun…that’s all that matters), shopping in Columbia, going out to eat, and grocery shopping (three times in one week). Our cupboards and fridge are fuller than they’ve ever been and we have lots of treats! Seriously, so cool!

We love you, Grandpa & Grandma & and can’t wait to see you in June.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Jealous...but oh so happy Sue gave him extra lovin's for me! He is so cute, and everyone looks ohhh, so happy! Can't wait to see that darlin' boy!

Heidi said...

So glad you had your mom there with you. It is such a crazy, happy, overwhelming time. He is just too cute!

PS when are you blessing that bundle?

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

I bet that was such a fun visit. I love everything about your Henry posts. Keep it up! {with all your spare time...} :)

Can't wait to hold him!

Morgan said...

glad you got in some good family time.
good luck with hormones.
YOU LOOK GREAT! BEAUTIFUL!
and your boy...is perfect. =)

Katherine said...

Man those hormones are a doozy aren't they? Your sister was right and I'm glad the timing worked out so well. I agree with Morgan- you look amazing! IT was fun to meet your mom!! I was thinking today that I can't believe Henry is almost a month old!