January 27, 2010

Christmas in California

Our ten day trip to California was a little too short this year. We had so much fun visiting with family: mom, dad, siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, grandpas, & friends. I love the holidays!

We shopped a lot for maternity & baby clothes. I've never been much of a shopper & clothes shopping has definitely lost its appeal with a prego belly, but I found a new love for shopping...baby clothes. I think I'm going to enjoy the aspect of shopping as a mother.

Christmas Eve was spent with the Holmes family, which is a family I adore! There are so many fun people to talk with & I love the relationships within the family. We spent the night eating & talking, building gingerbread houses, singing, updating each other on our lives, & eating Grandma's delicious chocolates.
The night was spent with the immediate family opening our matching PJ's (love them!), exchanging gifts, & reading the Christmas story.

Christmas Day was filled with gifts & more family. We ate with the Pitt family & enjoyed each others company as we caught up with everyone.

Adoring Hannah & Warner via pictures
We LOVED seeing, holding, & playing with our nieces & nephews. I love these pictures of all the babies.

Two-week old Warner - Giving me a wink & a smile
Brendon & Hannah
Daphne -- always in somebody's arms...
we couldn't get enough of her
It was fun to meet seven-week-old Kennedy for the first time

Our trip ended with a baby shower. That was SO much FUN! I can't wait to use everything we got: clothes, blankets, shoes, toys, books, etc.I love these ladies!

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Fun trip! You look absolutely stunning-pregnant or not. You are a beautiful lady! Can't wait to see your little man!

Ashley said...

You will find that shopping for you is sooo boring when you have cute baby clothes to buy. Especially when you don't fir into anything in your own stores. :)

Cassie said...

What a fun time with family! Your pregnant belly is so cute. I love the pic with all of you decked out in your christmas pjs.

Sheryl said...

I love it!! We did have a great Christmas, made the most special having you here in California with us!! Everyone loves you...your are the sweetest girl! Love YOU!

Heidi said...

I loved this years Christmas with everyone! such great memories for sure! Me Running with a 6 month preggo girl and slowing her down...
oh and the shopping was fun too!

Dejah said...

It was so great having you both down here. Can't wait till you move closer.

Julie said...

I LOVE shopping for Caden. It's so much fun to make them look cute. My favorite is when I find great deals on the clearance rack (pants for $2!). I always get so excited.

Looks like a fun and busy Christmas. You look so great. You look exactly the same, but with a little bump in the middle :).

Amy Jenks said...

Hey Stephanie!
I found your blog and wanted to say hi! CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming arrival!!! I'm so excited for you guys. You look so good pregnant! I loved seeing all the babies. It's been a good year for your family. :)