I always thought an ultrasound was to find out the sex of the baby.
I never knew I would worry so much about an unborn child.
I often think about life after the birth of a baby.
Sometimes I wonder how life could get any better than this.
I never knew I would worry so much about an unborn child.
I often think about life after the birth of a baby.
Sometimes I wonder how life could get any better than this.
Today was the big ultrasound. We found out it's a BOY! "There's no mistake about it," our radiologist told us. We are so excited!
Introducing Baby Holmes

It was really neat to watch Brendon's face (while I couldn't see the screen). Early on in the ultrasound he looked at me, raised his eyebrows twice, & mouthed, "It's a boy!" The radiologist confirmed shortly after.
I enjoyed hearing the heartbeat (it's always a reassuring sound), but I loved watching Baby Holmes move. He did a 180 for us & I got to see everything: face, spine, arms, legs, eyes, & nose. Just looking through the pictures again makes me happy! After seeing the baby move & feeling it simultaneously, I now know when I am feeling the baby move. Next week is the half-way mark to bringing Baby Holmes into this world...and we have a LOT of work ahead of us. This really is so much fun!
21 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! That day is still about 3 weeks off for me. You're going to have so much fun with that little boy. :)
oh how exciting! ultrasounds are so exciting, i love them too.
hope you're feeling great!
Hooray for baby boys!! We are so happy for you guys :) I know what you mean, once you have a little baby in there you realize how many things you can worry about already.
I'm so excited for you guys!!!! How fun! Can't wait until he gets here. You guys are going to be such great parents.
Isn't being pregnant the coolest thing? I loved it! Congrats on the boy, it is so fun to start being able to plan a bit more.
Congrats! What a lucky little boy.
(the word verification is criess. Fitting?)
congrats! I can't believe you're about halfway!
Our Baby Boy Holmes is beautiful! We are soooo excited, and can't wait to see his cute face, and fingers,and toes, and tummy, and every inch of his adorableness!! Say hi to him from Gramma and Grampa!! Love you so much!
YAYYYY!!! We are soooo excited! Let the shopping begin!
Yay!!! We are so excited for you guys. Boys are the greatest! (I can say right now). Really though, congrats!!! I always loved having an older brother and so I think boys first are GREAT!
Such wonderful news! Your worrying days are just beginning. I just hope the baby comes before Mom cleans out the savings with her shopping sprees.
How fun, we are so excited for you!
congrats!! boys are sooo much fun! it just gets more fun I promise! glad to hear that everything is going well.
Congratulations! I loved reading about your ultrasound experience. That day in the pregnancy is so memorable and special... right up there with the day you find out you're pregnant and the day the baby is born! :) Sounds like it was a great day. I am so happy for you guys!
that is so exciting Stephanie! i love your comment about how is it possible to love an unborn baby so much. Motherhood is so full of surprises. It still amazes me how my love for my kids can motivate me to do almost ANYTHING. I learn more about Heavenly Father's love for us Through my own love for my children, than any other thing. It's a miracle to me, how instantly your perspective completely changes once you hold your own baby in your arms. i am so excited for you both. congratulations.
That's such a good picture of him! I hope you can agree on a name easily. I think that's the hardest part! I'm so excited that you're having a boy. It was fun to catch up with you last week!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys!!
congrats steph!! Wendi informed me that you were expecting awhile ago but I haven't gotten to tell you congrats yet. Congrats on a boy too, that is what my husband wants but he will love a girl too. I won't find out for a couple more weeks what my baby is, I can't wait!
Congratulations! I just found your blog. I had no idea you were expecting! It is really so much fun being a parent. It's fun and hard for the first few months (in my opinion), but after a few months they start interacting with you more and it becomes more fun than you ever imagined! Congrats!
so fun! Boys are awesome-were so excited for you guys!
CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment