January 23, 2009

Jobless January

No job...yet.

What I like about not having a job...
  • Sleeping in
  • Going to the gym as late in the morning as I want
  • Cleaning the house during the week
  • Having lazy Saturday's (because all the cleaning is done)
  • Getting to go to the library & having time to read
  • Meeting so many new people (by trying to get a job & make connections with people)
  • Having time to do things like taking the car into the shop & going to the bank.
What I don't like about not having a job...
  • Getting bored (at night when Brendon studies)
  • Receiving no paycheck
  • Trying to sell yourself
Judging from the lists, it looks like I'm okay without having a job for awhile. The goods outweigh the bads. I've been very busy this week running around town & am really appreciative & grateful for the many people (who really don't know me very well) who are willing to put in a good word for me. And there is a good handful of people who are willing to do this: the VP of Student & Alumni at Brendon's school, the lady at US Bank who did a wire transfer for me, the new mom I brought dinner to, people from church, the lady who I was referred to by the VP of Student & Alumni, the Director at the School of Health Management who I've only talked with twice...it's really incredible. Hopefully, all these connections will help me (and anyone who will be looking for a job in Kirksville over the next some-odd years) to find a job!

So far, I've been busy. Finding a job is practically a full-time job. But today, I don't have a lot to do. Maybe I'll make some cinnamon rolls...that's time consuming.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

YOu are making the best of it for sure. Im not sure I would be thinking about making cinnamon rolls

Sheryl said...

Hey cutie! You are having a new adventure! I bet it feels weird since you have always been such a hard worker in school or work. It is a nice change to have a bit of time, I am glad you are enjoying it!!

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

It's soooo much better being able to stay at home and take care of our husbands!! I love keeping the laundry fresh and clean, keeping the house clean, being able to run errands anytime, etc... it's all HARD work but I truly enjoy it!! Just make sure you take some time for yourself to relax, you deserve it!! =)

Jessica said...

that's so funny that you said," Maybe I'll make some cinnamon rolls" I love it! I did that too awhile back, they really did not turn out :) I'm not the greatest cook in the world.

Addi said...

You have such a good attitude. I love it. No job sounds like heaven to me. Think of all the projects you can work on! :)

Devri said...

Hey Stephanie! It's Devri Halgren Granados. I haven't seen you since high school and just came across your blog and wanted to say HI! Hope things are going well for you two!

If you want to see our blog send me an email to pma_devri@hotmail.com and i'll send you an invite.

Take Care! :-)

Megan said...

Ugh, I feel for you...those jobs can be such a pain! But your good list was longer than your bad, so there you go!

Jillian said...

Thanks for your comments Steph. And keep your chin up about the job thing (and everything else that goes along with it). It took almost five months before I got the temp job I have now. Looking back on those months though where I didn't HAVE to be somewhere scheduled (other than school before I graduated), I wouldn't change it. You can do it. Heavenly Father is just preparing you for what He needs you to do. Use this time to see what it is :) It'll be good! I'm excited to see.