December 21, 2008

First Ice Storm



Our first ice storm came on Thursday. I was studying for my last test before the break when the ice started piling up. My friend Derek and I ended up sleeping on some couches at the school because the roads were too icy to drive home safely. There were a good number of students who stayed on campus or crashed at a nearby friends house that night. After my test the next morning, I came home to my ice-encased car and took on the challenge of de-shelling our little Mercury.



Here's a few close-ups:


8 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen ice like that. That's crazy.

Heidi said...

OH MY GOSH!! Now dont you think Denver is WAY better! I DO!! Hope your visit in Utah is going well! LOVE YOU!!

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

Oh man... do you feel like you never left Utah?!?! Haha, hope you guys stay safe and warm!!

Unknown said...

That's scary!! Are you in Utah yet? :)

julie said...

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!!!!!! I WOULD DIE... LITERALLY!! i thought utah was to cold!! merry christmas... will we be seeing you soon??? HOPE SO!!! xo

Cassie. said...

That is crazy. I guess all of our snow really isn't so bad.

Sara said...

Yikes, is all i have to say! Hang tight. just a FEW more years. xoxo

Katie Jean said...

i must say thats pretty gnarly! it was good seeing you guys!