October 14, 2008

Siblings...gotta love 'em!


Life has been busy for the Holmes! Brendon's schedule: study, study, study; Stephanie's schedule: work, cook, clean, find new job (contract up in 3 weeks).

This past week I was able to have a good phone chat with my younger sister & a good gmail chat with my older sister.

This is why I LOVE siblings (chat with older sister)...

Sister: (Checking up with job search) What applications are you filling out?
Me: University applications and cover letter after cover letter after cover letter.

Sister: What about city organizer something or other?
Me: Community Director...so I called the guy who supposedly does the job right now with questions I prepared. Turns out, they're doing some reorganization & this is a new position. So I asked if it was okay if I asked some questions anyways & I totally bombed the call. Felt really dumb. It was BAD. Who can mess up asking questions you ask...well I can, & I did.

(Told her the story)

Me: I wanted to cry after the call. But I held in the tears. Dad would be proud.
Sister: Good job, dad...you...I was just saying that!

Me: Brendon made me feel better when he got home. He told me I used some words I probably shouldn't have. I chalk it up to culture difference...from the West to the Midwest.
Sister: Chalk it up to learning experiences, right?...Hey!
Me: That's hilarious! It's like we're sisters or something.

Sister: You keep typing things I'm thinking!
Me: I just type faster.
Sister: You can just type...
Me: :)
Sister: ...faster.

Me: HAHAHAHAHA! Is the baby in bed?
Sister: Yep. But I'm laughing my head off!!!

The conversation continued...

I just loved this conversation & wanted to remember it, so I decided to blog about it.

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

So cute! Can you imagine living so far away from family without all of these forms of connection? Love that you are just a keyboard away! Love you!

Heidi said...

You are one funny girl! I love talking with siblings! I really need to be better about it!

Sara said...

ooooh, i just love love love your background! So chic. thanks for your super sweet comment. And Am so happy for you that you have sisters to laugh with! It's got to feel so good for them to know you are just a call, or email away. I think about you guys all the time and hope all is well with school and work. it must be hard having Brendon studying so much. xoxox

Tamara Jacobs said...

Hi Stephanie! I love your blog. You guys are such a cute couple:) I'm so glad that you are Preslee's nursery leaders:)

Julie said...

Don't worry. I have bombed plenty of interviews!! At least you were on the phone and they won't know who you are if they saw you :) Besides, I bet it wasn't as bad as you really thought it was. It's fun to see a picture of you and your siblings!

Woodworth Family said...

It was a fun chat! But I think you need to get back on my case about posting, because if you don't nobody else does; and if nobody else does- nothing gets posted! Love you!

Brittany said...

I'm glad that Mindy was able to help cheer you up. You helped me more than you'll ever know. In fact, I'm pretty far along with my paperwork.

Good luck with finding a new job!

Cassie said...

I'm in the middle of constructing Bradley's anniversary gift and I keep thinking I owe the credit to you. I pretty much stole your idea from your anniversary blog post so thank you so much for the idea. I'll have to tell you how I did the presentation piece. We need to chat soon anyways.

Jillian said...

Stephanie you are just so dang cute. I love it! Love conversations like this too. Siblings are the best.