September 23, 2008

Happy One Year Anniversary!

Yesterday marked the exact day (September 22) to make the happiest, most amazing year of my life! Brendon & I have now been married for just over 525,600 minutes; 8,760 hours; 365 days; 52 weeks; 12 months; 1 year! What a wonderful ride it has been. This is mostly for journalling purposes, so if you want to spare yourself now, don't read on.

It's amazing how you know with your whole heart that you should marry someone long before you completely know that person. And I have learned so much about Brendon this past year that I didn't know before we were married...
  • He's HILARIOUS (don't let his calm demeanor fool you)
  • He has a love for tickling like his mother
  • He is SO willing to help out around the house
  • He has extremely strong faith (assuring me that "everything will work out")
Some of my favorite moments of the year...
  • Getting texts from Brendon saying, "I miss you!"
  • Talking in bed together before falling asleep
  • Waking up & hearing "I love you so much!" before anything else
  • Shouting "Brendon's home!" & embracing
  • Eating dinner together
  • Going on hikes together
  • Cruising with our friends, Mike & Rachel
  • Playing volleyball together (just the 2 of us or with a group)
  • Playing the smile & laugh game (can't be the first to smile/laugh)
  • Running together (the whole 3 times we did this)
  • Going on trips to California to visit with family
  • Driving across the country together talking, singing, & laughing
  • Working at Overstock.com together
  • Giving Brendon the 12 Days of Christmas & hearing him say, "You really DO love me more!"
  • Fighting about who loves who more



I still have my moments when I think, "I'm married! This is so cool!" And cool it is. Words can't describe.

I love you, Brendon!

16 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love that you love my boy so completely and so deeply, and knowing that he feels the same. While he was dating I was waiting for him to find someone who "gets" who he is, and I thank the Lord everyday that he has found his Eternal Love in You! Happy Anniversary kids!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Isn't it awesome to always be with someone that you love? That it is your norm? Marriage (done the right way) is AWESOME! I am also glad that we made the list :)!

Ashley said...

Yay! Congratulations! Isn't that a fun marker to hit? You aren't newlyweds anymore!

Heidi said...

YAY! One year! and you guys are too cute together. I have a friend that went to high school with Brendon and I and she said that she LOVES the way you two are with each other. You can SEE the Love you share! So special!

LOVE you both!! :O)
XOXOXO

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love reading your posts, they are so cute. You guys have done a lot of fun things this past year and many more to come! :)

Lindsey said...

Congrats! Wow I remember the whole wedding planning process like it was yesterday! Its gone fast for me at least.. haha. So glad you guys are doing good and soo happy! Yay for anniversaries!

Brendon said...

We have to make that pizza again soon. :)

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Happy anniversary!!!!!! That's so exciting. It's weird to think that it was a whole year ago that I was still on the mission and had less than four months left and you were getting married WITHOUT ME! ha ha. No, I'm so happy for you both. I had learned your 'love story' through letters throughout my time as a missionary, and it was fun to come home and see your 'love story' in real life. In every letter you wrote me you'd talk about how your love was so great that it was as if it was from a movie. That always made me smile because I knew you were so happy (and might I add cheesy ha ha). I'm glad to see you still feel that way, but probably even more now.
I love you so much, Steph, and I couldn't be happier for you two little lovebirds! Love you and congrats!

Maren said...

I finally had a chance to check out your blog! Congrats on the anniversary- I just love September 22nd (it is my birthday). Anyways we'll have to go running again sometime!

Sara said...

Happy anniversary. You two are perfect!

Woodworth Family said...

Ahh, how sweet! Happy Aniversary! Did you guys do anything fun for the big day?

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember all your planning and talk about the wedding in the carpool. And now it's already been a year!

Brittany said...

Good job on the post Steph. Congrats on your first year!

Jana Howard said...

Sometimes Loren and I just sit there and say Do you think there are people out there who love each other as much as we love each other? You just answered that question. Isn't it wonderful? Yey for wonderful husbands!!

Unknown said...

You are too cute!! We miss you so much and are happy to see your new apartment and that you are doing so well! It is so fun to see people that have truly found their soul mate and are so appreciative of each other. Keep doing what you're doing and you will keep building an amazing partnership. We love you!

Amber said...

I tagged you. Go to my BLOG.