
As a gift from the Dean during orientation, each new 1st year was given a copy of a book called "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Just out of curiosity, I picked it up on Friday and couldn't put it down! Randy was a computer science professor who was invited to give a last lecture to the school after he was diagnosed with fatal pancreatic cancer. It's a story of a phenomenal man, sharing his unique perspective on life lessons. I would love to share more, but I really want everyone to read it for themselves.
6 comments:
It was so good to talk to you last night! I am so happy that things are going as planned and that you are ready for your new adventure ;) You certainly have worked hard to be there.
I will have to get a copy of that book, You have peaked my curiosity. We saw a little clip on the news about him. Let us know how your first day of class goes! Love you kids! I still want to see a picture of you in your white coat!!
That sounds so interesting! I'll have to put it on my list of books to read. Unfortunately I have to read Breaking Dawn first. :o)
PS - I want to see pictures of the new place!
How was the move!? Hope all is going well with you guys and you are getting settled in the new place!
hmmm... I might get that book after I finish the vampire book... Breaking Dawn! It was fun to see you guys too! I really wish we could do it more often too!
I watched his lecture, i think you can find it on you tube. i cried so hard i could hardly contain myself. What an amazing thing he did for his family and kids. I'm excited to know it's in a book. I think i heard also that he just recently passed away. Do you know if that is true?? I've been wondering.
anyway, I'm so glad you guys made it there safely. And I'm excited for your new adventure. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see picutres!
Post a Comment