We survived our first year of public school!
I am excited about this summer and having Henry around a little more
(because let's be honest, he wasn't gone for very long during the day).
Now we can take however long we want with our morning activities--like the park or library--instead of rushing home to get lunch and send Henry off to school.
We ended the school year with some fun activities.
Henry had his first choir performance.
He liked practicing his dance for us and it was fun to see him enjoy the process of learning to perform.
I think he sang one song out of the eight that his class sang but he was very excited about the whole ordeal and we enjoyed watching him from a distance.
Maggie had her first ballet recital and we loved every minute of the whole recital.
Even Hazel sat through all fifteen performances without a battle.
Maggie's group was the youngest group and they were darling.
Maggie started in one spot in her line and ended the dance in another.
When I asked if she was supposed to change spots she said, "No, but I wanted to be by Jenny."
Four-year-old dancers can pull off things like that without penalty.
Henry played tee ball and I coached.
It was a great experience although I question if Henry would do better with a different teacher.
This was Henry's first experience and he learned a lot and progressed throughout the season, consistently hitting the ball off of a pitch.
Fielding is a different story. I had to tell him to stand up about a half a dozen times each inning.
His favorite part was the treat.
I enjoyed working with the kids and was happy when the season ended.


Henry ended Kindergarten with a test and a lot of positive feedback.
He got 293/296 on his test and buzzed right through it.
Mrs. Reid told me how he remembers a lot of details and how much she enjoyed him in her class.
A mom Henry's classmate who helped with reading said Henry was mature.
It's fun to receive such great feedback.
I feel like this was our first really positive experience with school and I'm grateful for Henry's growth and progress and have enjoyed seeing him be so happy about going to school each day.
Henry got to meet his first grade teacher and see who will be in his class next year.
He keeps asking if he gets to go school and is so excited for first grade!
But for now, we're off for some summer fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment