September 18, 2014

Grandma Myrtice

Grandma Myrtice passed away August 31st.
She had a very sweet reunion on the other side of the veil:
parents, grandparents, her sweetheart, and baby boy.
It makes my heart warm to think about the joy she feels right now.

Grandma lived a full life.
She had seven children: six girls and one boy.
She has twelve grandchildren and fifteen great-grandchildren.
Family was her deepest joy.

We often joked about how all she wanted to do was be surrounded by family.
She loved the presence of her loved ones around her.

My memories of her are surrounded by all of our family.
She loved having all of us together, which allowed us to build relationships with each other.
I have so many family memories:
birthday parties, rodeos, big dinners, Thanksgiving meals, Pioneer Day, water balloon tosses, fruit ice, Easter hunts (with everyone getting the same number of prizes/treats), Christmas Eve, talent shows, Sunday dinners, Christmas visits, hugs and kisses at every "hello" and "good-bye"...

I remember listening to her sing, "I've Been Working on the Railroad."
I remember writing a poem in junior high about her loving and caring hands.
I remember her "Happy Birthday" phone calls, complete with, "...and many more..."

I remember, most recently, when she wanted to see me when I was visiting Utah.
She drove down with my aunts since I didn't have the time to go visit her.
I was always amazed that she cared so much to see me and to see and hold my children.

She was my piano teacher when I was in junior high.
Nicest teacher I ever had, so I knew I could get away with practicing a little less.
Bless her heart.

My favorite attribute of my grandma--already eluded to--was her anxious concern for her family.
She always knew what was going on in my life.
I'm confident she continues to be anxiously concerned about us.
She will now bless our lives from the other side.
She was and is a blessing to all of our family.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Such a sweet tribute to your Grandma. We have had quite a year of our family loves going on. Love you! Big hugs to you and your momma!!

Brittany said...

I just put her picture on my fridge last night. I love and miss her.