April 22, 2014

Hazel Shirley

Hazel Shirley is here.
She arrived on Thursday, April 10th 
weighing 5 pounds 13 ounces
and was 19 1/4 inches long.

Her delivery was perfect.
I was induced at 39 weeks and was already dilated to a five.
I requested my epidural ASAP and my nurse made sure that happened.
Within 1 1/2 hours of breaking my water, my body progressed from a five to a ten and 
Hazel was in my arms.

It was a beautiful moment seeing her for the first time.
I was overjoyed,
grateful,
happy,
and all feelings good.

Then I snuggled her.
For a long time.
And Brendon and I gave her the name Hazel.

She is absolutely perfect.
She is beautiful.
Sweet.
Innocent.
Heavenly.
She has brought so much joy with her.

We love her.

Henry adores her.

Maggie accepts her.


We are so grateful she is a part of our family.
Our eternal family.

5 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

She is beautiful! How you doing with family gone?

Cassie said...

Yeah! A blog post. I am amazed by you. Glad you are loving life right now.

Courtney N said...

Congrats!! I'm glad you are all doing great!!

Kate said...

So sweet! Babies are so special.

Chellese said...

It's been TOO long since I last checked in, but I am so happy to see this fun news. Congratulations to your family!!!