I don't even know where to begin
Or what to write.
Two great men left earth:
Brendon's dad passed away unexpectedly
followed by his grandpa six days later.
***************
Russell Fairbanks Holmes
Quiet, thoughtful, sincere, helper, lover of the outdoors.
I knew him for seven short years
but his legacy of love, faith, and devotion to family continues in Brendon.
He always greeted her with a hug and kiss,
helped her prepare dinner,
and was kind and respectful in the way he spoke to and about her.
In doing so, he showed Brendon how to do the same.
I will be forever grateful for Russell's tender relationship with his beautiful wife.
For his perfect pattern of being fully devoted and loyal to his wife.
He was dedicated to serving God and man.
He was making efforts to improve himself up until his last days.
His testimony was strong.
His willingness to serve embedded in his children.
His willingness to serve embedded in his children.
His love for God apparent.
When he was home he was helpful.
He was patient with his grandchildren--11 in total--
and accepting of those of us who married into the family.
Words seem so inadequate, especially those coming from me.
***************
Warren Clayton Pitt
Genuine, happy, loving.
so my time with Grandpa Pitt was short.
But I always loved saying hi to him and being embraced and seeing his infectious smile.
I enjoyed sitting down and talking with him on a few occasions
and listening to him tell stories of life in the past.
He loved to sing.
And singing brought the family together.
The Pitt family sings around bonfires, when camping, and they even go caroling together at Christmastime.
I am especially grateful for Grandpa's love of the Lord
and testimony of the gospel.
He raised my mother-in-law, who is strong and faithful.
Grandpa's righteous living passed onto his children who passed it on to their children.
A priceless gift.
***************
I have thought a lot about angels over the past several years of my life.
I know we have family members who have passed on who watch over us.
They help protect us from evil and harm.
They help comfort us.
I am grateful for the unseen influences of angels, who I believe are most often family members.
It is difficult to live without our loved ones while we are on earth.
The sting of death is real.
But someday we will have a joyous reunion.
That knowledge helps us continue on.
I am so grateful for my knowledge of God's plan for His children.
I am grateful for the positive role models of two great men.
I am grateful for two angels watching over me and my family.

2 comments:
I know it isn't much, but know that Justin and I have had you and Brendon and your family in our thoughts and prayers these past weeks. It can be hard to move forward as normal. I hope you had a nice time being with family though. We are here to help if you need anything.
Steph, I'm still so sorry to hear about Brendon's dad and grandpa. I've been thinking of you guys and hope you are hanging in there! Love you!
Post a Comment